Bon Appetit Ss Stock Pots?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameson

Reaction score
Hi all I have come across these pots a couple of times now it seams they are a new brand? I have done lots of searches on the brand but no reviews to be found. They have a 160l for $505 +$15 p&p looks like a good price. What is putting me off is seeing photos of the handy imports, not finding any reviews and the lack of info on the sales add.can any one shed any light?
Thanks Jameson.

Shame the stock photo doesn't acutally illustrate the product

Thanks kev looks the ducks nuts. Think I will do a stux done and siphon the first few batchs.

They look an awful lot like Handy Import pots, which might be fine depending on use, but from what I've read around here I wouldn't want one for a kettle.

The size sounds too good to be true because you can't fit 99L into a cylinder that size. The website says 600 x 350. if it's 600 tall and 350 diameter then it gives about 57L ignoring the wall thickness. 600 diameter and 350 wide would be about 99L, but that doesn't make it a tall pot as they describe.

I'd be cautious, but they may be a good option once explored

Thanks kev looks the ducks nuts. Think I will do a stux done and siphon the first few batchs.

Still not sure if they are good :) But at least is looks like a decent company.

They look an awful lot like Handy Import pots, which might be fine depending on use, but from what I've read around here I wouldn't want one for a kettle.

The handle on the top is a different design, and also the side handle are not bent like the Handy Imports, so they may be different.

QldKev

The handle on the top is a different design, and also the side handle are not bent like the Handy Imports, so they may be different.

QldKev

Other than the handles on the side being straight instead of bent, it looks very similar to the 12L Handy Imports pot I've got beside me.
Don't get me wrong, think it would be great it someone has found a good source of value stock pots, but I'm not sold on these yet.

For that price in 50l you can get a Robinox from beer belly

Dunno what the shipping costs & import duties are like for you guys, but for 100L and smaller pots you might want to approach this company... catering-service-fr (ebay name). Although sold through the French Ebay site they're actually a German company - Bergland Handels GmbH.

I have the 50L pot and I'm 99% sure they're made in China but there are many happy UK brewers using 'em (Jims Beer Kit Thread).

Also, check out their 'thermo-pots'... double-skinned stainless with ~ 25mm insulation inbetween (looks like expanding foam).

catering-service-fr list

Also, check out their 'thermo-pots'... double-skinned stainless with ~ 25mm insulation inbetween (looks like expanding foam).

Love the look of those double walled pots, make a nice bling mash tun, someone needs to start importing them to Aus.

Hi all as tax return is due in any day now if anyone has seen or checked out these pots in there Sydney stores?

Back