• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Boiler - not working properly - Free Syd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanclark111

Reaction score
This is an old boiler I have been using up until the element started blowing the fuses in the house. I believe from my testing that the insulation (in the boiler, not the cord) is gone and the element is shorting to earth but im not an electrician so I don't really know. It still heats up but must be drawing more than the 15amps my circuit is good for. Rated 2400W from memory so should only need 10A.

Anyway, I thought I would offer it to anyone on here before I throw it up on Ebay.

Im in Alexandria for pick up

20130504_115104s.jpg

20130504_115114s.jpg

Driving down next Friday to grab the rest of my things as i slowly move to brisbane, if you still have it by then i would love to grab it off you to turn into a large sous vide cooking machine ;)
Should be easy enough to fix the short.

jaypes said:
How much does the old girl hold?
Its down in the basement and I will try to measure it over the weekend but I normally try to end up with 30L batches and thats no problem. I would imagine you wouldn't get a double batch out of it. Maybe 40L final volume max?

adryargument said:
Driving down next Friday to grab the rest of my things as i slowly move to brisbane, if you still have it by then i would love to grab it off you to turn into a large sous vide cooking machine ;)
Should be easy enough to fix the short
I had to google what sous vide cooking is but it would work well for that if you got it going properly. Strangely enough it seems to not trip for longer when it is full of water rather than wort.

It has a lid as well that isn't in the photo

Duh! Just noticed "Free" in the post's title. Happy to offer $20 in order to secure it....

jaypes said:
How much does the old girl hold?
Looks like the same boiler I use. It's 60L full to the brim

NewtownClown said:
Duh! Just noticed "Free" in the post's title. Happy to offer $20 in order to secure it....
Sounds good to me, and your just around the corner. Ill send through a pm with my details

Latest posts

Back