BOC CO2 Gas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopsta

Reaction score
Anybody had any experience with BOC gasses?

In 2005 I purchased a 10kg VT size CO2 cylinder. From memory the arrangement was upfront fee for the gas and annual fee for the bottle (can’t remember exact prices). Thing is... I never paid any annual fee after the 1st year, never received any payment notices. Second thing is, I’m out of gas and need a refill!!!

Are they likely to try and hit me with 13yrs of back payments?

When I look at their website today, the fee structure is much the same. $79 per year including 1 free refill additional refills $37.

Anybody had any experience with BOC gasses?

In 2005 I purchased a 10kg VT size CO2 cylinder. From memory the arrangement was upfront fee for the gas and annual fee for the bottle (can’t remember exact prices). Thing is... I never paid any annual fee after the 1st year, never received any payment notices. Second thing is, I’m out of gas and need a refill!!!

Are they likely to try and hit me with 13yrs of back payments?

When I look at their website today, the fee structure is much the same. $79 per year including 1 free refill additional refills $37.
Don’t know about BOC and back payments but things have changed a lot since 2005. If you take a look at Kegland or Keg King you can buy 6kg bottles full (almost) of co2 outright with no rental for $99 + postage if that helps?

Last edited:
Don’t know about BOC and back payments but things have changed a lot since 2005. If you take a look at Kegland or Keg King you can buy 6kg bottles full (almost) of co2 outright with no rental for $99 + postage if that helps?

Cheers do you know if kegland and keg king stockists refill/swap-and-go each others cylinders? Or if you have kegland can you only refill/swap at kegland stockists?

Last edited:
Cheers do you know if kegland and keg king stockists refill/swap-and-go each others kegs? Or if you have kegland can you only refill/swap at kegland stockists?
I believe most refill/swap stockists will deal with both brands but some have decided to stay loyal to one or the other brand. However the bottles are identical except for the individual company stickers.

So I would check with your LHBS on who they prefer or remove the sticker from the bottle before having it re filled.

Unless BOC have reviewed down their prices $79 per year seems a bit cheap. I thought it was about twice that.

I have 6kg bottle from BOC $79 per year with one free refill, kind of made it hard to justify buying a bottle at that price.

I also have the 8 litre from BOC @ $79 per year with 1x free refill each year, it was going to cost $89 to fill my 2 litre at a home brew store. Was a no brainer for me.

Back