Quantcast

Board Upgraded!!

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
Well things worked a little smoother than I initially thought and I decided to upgrade and move everything over today.

The overall layout is almost identical, just some little changes. You will notice a new Quick Search feture on the left, which allows you to quickly search the whole forum for something, quite a handy tool.

There are some new links on the menu, which will soon be implemented.

As I mentioned the online chat is up and running, and from my basic tests everything seems to be working. You have to be a logged in member to chat and everyone will chat with their forum username (it automatically joins you with it). There is a new entry in the online users section which displays how many people are chatting at the current time. The chat system is flash based, I'm sure most of you will already have flash, so there wont be many problems there. If you don't just try to login and it will download flash for you. So what are you waiting for - get chatting!!! B)

As far as I can see all avatars, posted pictures, PM's, etc have all be merged over. Any problems let me know by replying to this thread.

Please report any problems by clicking on view comments below. As always feedback is appreciated. :D

dane

Reaction score
FOR COOKIE PROBLEMS.

To deleted your old AussieHomeBrewer cookie follow these instructions:

Go to Start and then Search (Find Files of Folders)
Search for 'aussiehomebrewer'
You should get a text file with your username@aussiehomebrewer. It should also be in a folder called 'cookies'.
Delete the file
Try to login again.

kook

Reaction score
Love the new layout fiscus. Good job mate! :)

Cheers

- Anthony

dane

Reaction score
Thanks Kook,

I'm still working on a number of things but atleast I have the bulk of things up and running.

I installed many of the little hacks later this afternoon - link highlight/fading, location hack, etc.

I am working on a fullscreen version of the forum, for the people that are using small monitor or low res so the forums are the whole width of the screen, rather than having the portal info on the left.

The links, FAQ's Retailers etc, will also be worked on :D as well as the new Tools/Calculators page!

I also noticed just now that the chat window doesn't display if you are using I.E. 5.0 or lower (I am at my girlfriends house). I am using an IFRAME which, after some reading, is only support in IE 5.5 and above. I will try to change this to something different so that it supports more browsers. However if you are running IE 5.0 or lower I really think it is time to upgrade :D

I am also going to make the side menu/column about half as narrow - at the moment it is taking up alot of space. It is on my to-do list for tommorow :)

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Looking good Fiscus.
Good job.
I have also noticed that all the links inthe Navigation frame go to Coming Soon, except for the Home, Forums and Chatroom.
What happened to the Retailers and Links etc.
Also send me your email address and I will forward the php brewing tools.

Beers,
Doc

dane

Reaction score
The retailers / links sections will be added today - thats aboutt he only thing that still is to come from the old site.

Latest posts