Quantcast

Board Speed?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
Is anyone exeperiencing the board being slower than normal?

The last couple of days things see to be running a little slower than they usually have been.

I know I have been having a couple of computer issues at home with my server (just order a new netgear router so that will end those drama's) but please let me know if anyone is finding the board a little slow to post/browse/read etc.

I know that the board has been getting lots more use that it orginally did - which is great - always good to log on and see 5 or 6 people posting and browsing - but 5 or 6 people shouldn't effect anything.

Let me know if you are having troubles and I will investigate - otherwise I will test the board over the weekend with my new router and config and might have a look at tweaking a couple of things.

Thanks

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I've found it to be a bit sporadic this week.
Sometimes it is 'bang' there loaded.
Other times it all but times-out and you have to cancel and reload.

At home I'm behind a Netgear wireless router experiencing the above mentioned issues.

At work at the moment (I'm at a customers site so I'm on dial-up) I've also seen this.

Cheers,
Doc

therook

Reaction score
I'm at work and I'm a ISP and have a 100Meg connection and it has been very spasmodic, Yahoo has been really bad

Rook

dane

Reaction score
Yeah it has been a little bit all over the place - after posting the thread I was almost inclind to delete is as everything was loading real fast - click and bang I was there - but then I did somthing else and as you said Doc it timed out.

Maybe there are a couple of issue with International traffic on a whole...

If there are any more problems, please post....

therook

Reaction score
You can do a trace route on the site you are looking at and this will tell you how many places you are going through and the amount of time it is taking

Rook

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
It does seem a little sporadic in performance... maybe you're co-hosted with something like a phat ftp server or something? Who's this 4ph.com mob anyway?

dane

Reaction score
PostModern said:
It does seem a little sporadic in performance... maybe you're co-hosted with something like a phat ftp server or something? Who's this 4ph.com mob anyway?
It is a compnay int he US - their hosting is cheap and offer a lot of features - but as you can see (and have seen previously) they do have their problems.

Can anyone reconmend a reliable good value (and offer a lot of features - multiple domains, full ssh access, etc) let me know. I will look at changing hosts.....

It would be nice to find someone locally - AU based - to keep the speeds nice but as you all probably know decent bandwidth is expensive here.

Latest posts