• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Bne Brew Ingredients & Equipment Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
G'day Fellow AHBers,

As some of you may have gathered, I'll be moving interstate in the new year (sometime). I've also got a newborn baby that is robbing me of time and sleep, so I'll be unlikely to get brewing beforehand.

To save me the effort (and expense) of carting lots of stuff, I'm going to slowly get rid of my brewing equipment and some ingredients. :(
And I don't want the panic of having to clear all my stuff in a short space of time.

I'll be periodically posting back to this thread (rather than the keg thread), because its topic title will allow the periodic bump needed for various crowds, plus as I remember what I have, I'll chuck it up on here.

First things for sale:

Ingredients:

I have 2 milled and mixed vaccum sealed from craft brewer bags of grain. These are recipes of mine that have been mixed up. I grant that lots of AG brewers won't want another brewer's recipe and grain pre-done, but this might be a good idea for someone venturing into AG brewing/BIABing - to have some of the thought process removed for them.

I'm also offering it at a great price.

Recipe 1 - Irish Red. Grain weight is 4.54kg and includes a pack of dried yeast (honestly can't remember off hand, but I'd say it's either s04 or Lallemand Windsor). The grain is all either Weyermanns or Thomas Fawcet, not the Aussie cheaper stuff. Asking $15. This works out to be about $2.50/kg for the grain (less than half price, and around bulk buy prices for a small batch of grain), and around 20% discount on the yeast (kept in fridge).

Recipe 2 - Vienna lager. Grain weight is 4.07kg, and is all Weyermann's grain. Included is a pack of Lager Dried yeast (can't remember off hand, but it'll either be s189 or W34/70). Again asking $15, which is about $2.70 per kg for grain, which is a massive discount for Weyemann's.

Recipe 3 - American Wheat - 4kg at 50/50% of Wheat and Pilsner. NOT cracked, No Yeast. $10, which is exactly $2.50 per kg. It will need cracking but is vaccuum sealed.

I'm also clearing out a packet of French Saison Yeast (3711), which I acquired about 4 weeks ago (great for the weather we're having at the moment). And had just landed at the time I purchased. $4 (which is less than half price).

The only thing to add is hops, which I'll give the recipe sheet for (if wanted).

I also have my 2x19L big W pots and my bucket in bucket lauter with tap. Together as a package, $10 (or a dozen of your finest (preferably APA/AIPA) :lol: ), which is about 1/5 of the price paid, and will give a new AG brewer (or someone wanting to play with moving from BIAB to 3V) something to hit the ground running, before outlaying the serious cash. The pots are great for 3V brewers for decoction mashing as well.

I'm really sad that this is all going, but since they are I want these to go to an appreciative home of a fellow brewer, rather than looking to make any cash (though asking something to keep SWMBO happy). Preference will be given to new AG brewers looking to get their feet wet, rather than 1st come, first served basis (hey, why not educate as well); but if no takers, anyone can grab them.

Pickup at Wavell Heights.

Happy brewing to all,

Goomba

homebrew is forever, children grow into adults, leave one behind and take it all with you..... :ph34r:

Hope your not giving it completely mate

G'day Fellow AHBers,

As some of you may have gathered, I'll be moving interstate in the new year (sometime). I've also got a newborn baby that is robbing me of time and sleep, so I'll be unlikely to get brewing beforehand.

To save me the effort (and expense) of carting lots of stuff, I'm going to slowly get rid of my brewing equipment and some ingredients. :(
And I don't want the panic of having to clear all my stuff in a short space of time.

I'll be periodically posting back to this thread (rather than the keg thread), because its topic title will allow the periodic bump needed for various crowds, plus as I remember what I have, I'll chuck it up on here.

First things for sale:

Ingredients:

I have 2 milled and mixed vaccum sealed from craft brewer bags of grain. These are recipes of mine that have been mixed up. I grant that lots of AG brewers won't want another brewer's recipe and grain pre-done, but this might be a good idea for someone venturing into AG brewing/BIABing - to have some of the thought process removed for them.

Recipe 1 - Irish Red. Grain weight is 4.54kg and includes a pack of dried yeast (honestly can't remember off hand, but I'd say it's either s04 or Lallemand Windsor). The grain is all either Weyermanns or Thomas Fawcet, not the Aussie cheaper stuff. Asking $15. This works out to be about $2.50/kg for the grain (less than half price, and around bulk buy prices for a small batch of grain), and around 20% discount on the yeast (kept in fridge).

Recipe 2 - Vienna lager. Grain weight is 4.07kg, and is all Weyermann's grain. Included is a pack of Lager Dried yeast (can't remember off hand, but it'll either be s189 or W34/70). Again asking $15, which is about $2.70 per kg for grain, which is a massive discount for Weyemann's.

Recipe 3 - American Wheat - 4kg at 50/50% of Wheat and Pilsner. NOT cracked, No Yeast. $10, which is exactly $2.50 per kg. It will need cracking but is vaccuum sealed.

I'm also clearing out a packet of French Saison Yeast (3711), which I acquired about 4 weeks ago (great for the weather we're having at the moment). And had just landed at the time I purchased. $4 (which is less than half price).

The only thing to add is hops, which I'll give the recipe sheet for (if wanted).

I also have my 2x19L big W pots and my bucket in bucket lauter with tap. Together as a package, $10 (or a dozen of your finest (preferably APA/AIPA) :lol: ), which is about 1/5 of the price paid, and will give a new AG brewer (or someone wanting to play with moving from BIAB to 3V) something to hit the ground running, before outlaying the serious cash. The pots are great for 3V brewers for decoction mashing as well.

I'm really sad that this is all going, but since they are I want these to go to an appreciative home of a fellow brewer, rather than looking to make any cash (though asking something to keep SWMBO happy). Preference will be given to new AG brewers looking to get their feet wet, rather than 1st come, first served basis (hey, why not educate as well); but if no takers, anyone can grab them.

Happy brewing to all,

Goomba

I'll get the w3711 mate, might be a few days before I can pick it up though.

Hey Goomba,

I'll take the Irish Red and the Vienna Lager packs.

I'm still in the process of building my braumeister-clone, but will be fitting the heating element to the main vessel this weekend so I could do some BIABs to start my journey into AG brewing whilst buggering around with the malt pipe and recirculating system.

Thanks,
Angus.

Hey Goomba,

I'll take the Irish Red and the Vienna Lager packs.

I'm still in the process of building my braumeister-clone, but will be fitting the heating element to the main vessel this weekend so I could do some BIABs to start my journey into AG brewing whilst buggering around with the malt pipe and recirculating system.

Thanks,
Angus.

PM Sent.

Okey dokey,

Yeast, Recipe Batch 1 and 2 gone, as well as pots & buckets as a set. Pending Payment of course.

Recipe kit 3 to go.

Anything else I see when I get home will go on for the evening crowd to look at.

Goomba

Hey Goomba,

Can I please take recipe 3 - American wheat?

I will be in Brisbane on Sunday.

Cheers Ben

Can I grab your pots, please?

Am just around the corner from you.

Cheers

Found some more stuff:

First, gas line splitter - these are normally $10 on eBay. This is unopened, unused, brand new. I bought it to increase the kegging system to 6 kegs, but obviously didn't. Asking $5.

IMG_20121102_114343.jpg

JG T-splitters for gas, again brand new, unopened, unused. $5 each:

IMG_20121102_114358.jpg

Gas and Beer QD of unknown parentage, $10 for the pair:

IMG_20121102_114327.jpg

I'll take the gas line splitter unless someone has beaten me to it!

Cheers,
tallie

Edit: By the way, I'm guessing by this topic that you're no longer going to be going halves in the sack of wheat malt with me in the current BB?

I'll take the gas line splitter unless someone has beaten me to it!

Cheers,
tallie

Edit: By the way, I'm guessing by this topic that you're no longer going to be going halves in the sack of wheat malt with me in the current BB?
PM sent.

I will still go halves with you mate. I committed to it, so I will do it. If you did want the whole sack, you're welcome to it. Whatever the case, I don't want to put you out.

SWMBO is okay for me to take my sack of Perle, so I can take the wheat. That'll get me started down there.

Goomba

PM sent.

I will still go halves with you mate. I committed to it, so I will do it. If you did want the whole sack, you're welcome to it. Whatever the case, I don't want to put you out.

SWMBO is okay for me to take my sack of Perle, so I can take the wheat. That'll get me started down there.

Goomba

Thanks for the clarification LRG. PM sent.

Cheers,
tallie

i take the QD 's

pm coming

edit: and the T's i reckon...

G'day Fellow AHBers,

First things for sale:

Ingredients:

Happy brewing to all,

Goomba

after a mash tun , stock pots , urn , ring burner , got any off that , good money paid , we all kow what there worth

chris

Back