• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

BNE - 4 vessel HERMS system

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frag_Dog

Reaction score
Hi All,

Due to time constraints I have not been brewing as much as I would like. So I bought a Braumeister.

Now I have my 4 vessel HERMS system for sale. It is all home made, and it works fine it just take too long to setup and clean up - hence the german hardware. Here is what is included:

Brew frame with wheels on one end and adjustable bolt legs on the other.
32 Jet Mongolian Burner downsized to 16 Jet due to excessive boil-off (still have the jets if you want to re fit them)
A Stainless Steel Stuff HERMS unit (2200-24000w element). http://stainlessstuff.net/parts.html#condensers
March Pump (silicone hoses connected)
Home Made Control Box (PID for HERMS, Temp Controler for HLT, switch for March Pumps)
1x 70L Craftbrewer Stainless Kettle with a "Pancake" hop/trub filter.
1x HLT with sight glass and 2400w element
1x Mash Tun with False Bottom + Stainless sparge ring
Cam Lock fittings on all the vessels

Problems:
The burner cannot be run while the Mash Tun is in its standard position without "warming" it. The camping mat insullation copped a bit of the heat and bubbled.
The HERMS / March pump are not in an optimal position. Air bubbles can form in the pump if the mash sticks.
With the control box, I stuck it all together to see if it works - it did, so I left it as is.
The HLT and Mash Tun are "Re-purposed" :) If that is a problem for you I can take the hardware out of them

I've built this over the last ~7 years. It is a good system that has made some good beer, and would probably make great beer in someone else's hands :)

Price: $600 - It probably cost at least 3x that to build, but I don't have a need for it anymore.

At this stage I am not interested in parting it out.

IMG_20150328_154603.jpg

IMG_20150328_154613.jpg

IMG_20150328_154630.jpg

IMG_20150328_154717.jpg

IMG_20150328_155928.jpg

IMG_20150328_154630.jpg

If it gets to stage of splitting I'd be interested in the March pump

lol .. loved the keg coverups in the photos

Back