Blonde, Bland And Beautiful

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chiller said:
I think I'm more inclined to look closely at Sean's suggestion or Doc's Belgian

Recipes gents??
I've never actually tried it, but this is my best guess:

For Taylor's Golden Best the grain bill is easy - 100% Fawcetts Golden Promise (or, failing that, the nearest available thing). O.G.: 1.033 ABV: 3.5% You can do the maths yourself for attenuation/SG

Hopping will be very moderate with the emphasis on Goldings (preferable Worcestershire if you have the choice, but realistically...), with a blend of some others - perhaps Styrian Goldings and Fuggles. The bitterness should be modest, but not non-existant, and the hoppyness should be there if you go looking for it.

I'm not sure what the best yeast to suggest is. Whatever Taylors use won't be available. I think I'd suggest Thames Valley, and drop it (as Brakspears used to do) 24-36 hours after pitching. That should get close to the conditions of Yorkshire Squares.

Prime with sugar - lots of it if kegging and then vent off the excess pressure over 24 hours. Timothy Taylors beers are sugar primed and undergo far and away the most vigourous secondary fermentation of any real-ale - they beers are famous amongst cellermen for it. Serve at 11-12 C with slightly (but not much) more carbonation than normal for an English real-ale (say 1.5 volumes)

If you get it right, the ladies and the beer enthusiasts will love it.

Latest posts

Back