Blocked Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Just changed the keg back to a bitter I wanted to finish off, only thing is nothing is coming out!! :angry: I seem to be getting lots a bubbles in the beer line with little momentum to push em out the tap. Even upped the pressure to 200kpa and still no good.

There was a little hop residue in this on (plugs) but nothing that bad I thought! I think I have a hop particle between me and a nice bitter! Any ideas?

Pretty sure this baby has at least 8L more worth of lovin' in it yet.

Help :unsure:

/backup LCPA can keep me goin but I want to finish this keg.

Not frozen is it ?
Had that a few time myself and it sounds just the same

Doh! Cheers Batz you got it in one! :blink: Just checked and yep I can hear ice bouncing about .... bloody fridge! :huh:

Other keg was ok (but much fuller) so I didn't think to check.

your not the first one to fall for that jason.it happens to me every now and again and it is now the first thing i look at :blink:
the beer lines

I've also had it where just the beer in the pickup tube is frozen and the rest of the keg is fine.
Just have to take off the beer line and clean the disconnect and beer post to get the ice out of there, then whack it back on and add some pressure to move the ice up the pickup tube. Repeat a couple of times and you are back in pouring business.

Doc

Chalk this one up for experience ... when I get a spare kiquid disconnect for gassing I can try and blast it out I guess (think this is what you mean doc). It was only about 1/2 frozen so not too bad, still tastes fine which is the main thing.

Back