Blichmann floor standing burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Anyone in Brew land know if these would be compatible with our LPG adjustable regulators.
Using it for Biab in a 98lt stainless pot.
I did ask them the question but they're not sure.

Wow, that looks like something you'd flip upside down and attach to the arse end of a rocket!

From Memory, which ain't so great these days... but I am pretty sure the USA gas fittings thread is not compatible with Australia.

It is not as simple as a mass produced adaptor either, a visit to an engineers type job.....

As said, from memory, hopefully someone will know for sure.

Looks like a killer burner though!

Wouln't be so good for bigger batches though with the 150lbs limit.

Looks like it would smash single/double batches though.

Crusty said:
Anyone in Brew land know if these would be compatible with our LPG adjustable regulators.
If you can get the specs of the regulator I would assume a local gas supplier could sort out the same thing locally?

Where are you planning on getting it from?

Like sponge I don't think it would hanlde a double batch. I aslo use a 98 litre ss pot and generally start with around 60 litres pre boil (not biab) for a 90 min boil. Thats over 130lb without the pot or grain if you biab.

I got one, you need an adapter. Think it is QC-1??? to LPG. Easy. Good burner. I dont even have it turned anywhere near all the way up once it gets to the boil. 45ltr batches.

Crusty said:

Shipping will kill you, there plenty of great burners available right here in Australia.

Crusty, just use a Rambo & upgrade to a high pressure regulator if you want a bit more grunt....

Cheers ross

Last edited by a moderator:
neal32 said:
I got one, you need an adapter. Think it is QC-1??? to LPG. Easy. Good burner. I dont even have it turned anywhere near all the way up once it gets to the boil. 45ltr batches.
Hi neal32
I have recently bought a Blichmann burner and am in the process of trying to find the adapter you are talking about. Could you please give me a little more info on what it was you purchased and where you got if from.

Thanks
Coldie

Thanks everyone.
Ross, I thought the Rambo would be a little under powered for the 98lt pot. I see Qldkev had two of them under his pot which would be better I reckon.
I've got a Mongolian 32jet on a stand that I can use but it soots the kettle a bit when turned back pretty low on a single batch.
It might not be so bad doing a double though.

I use an Italian spiral burner with an adjustable reg under a 98 litre pot. Boils with ease at no more than an eighth of its potential output (1 metre plus flame flat out) Really good on gas too

Crusty said:
Thanks everyone.
Ross, I thought the Rambo would be a little under powered for the 98lt pot. I see Qldkev had two of them under his pot which would be better I reckon.
I've got a Mongolian 32jet on a stand that I can use but it soots the kettle a bit when turned back pretty low on a single batch.
It might not be so bad doing a double though.
I use an Italian Spiral + MP Adjustable Reg on a 98L pot. Easily handles it.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/gallery/image/6999-italian-burner/

It is an Italian spiral they're made by omac, the orange model is the mammuth, the black model is the drago.

When I bought mine from cellar plus they were out of the orange so I ended up with the black one (it was cheaper too which is great).

+1 on the Italian spiral burner with the adjustable reg. They kick ass

Resurrection from the dead...

Anyone bought one of these things & been able to source an adaptor as a work-around?

MartinOC said:
Resurrection from the dead...

Anyone bought one of these things & been able to source an adaptor as a work-around?
Guessing a little but - I bought a NASA burner and high pressure reg from Amazon, which had the american connector to the gas bottle (i.e. the bit that connects the reg to the bottle).

I went to the local gasfitters and got an aussie POL(?) connector, which screwed into the reg (same thread). Swapped it over and good to go. Gotta turn pretty hard to get the adhesive/sealant stuff on the thread to initially let go.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back