Blichmann Brewpots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sexyyyyyy !!! :wub:

Blichmann Brew Pots

Anybody seen 'em before?

Warren -

No. Do not doubt they have been mentioned here before, just never seen them. Always wondered why there was nothing like this advertised for sale - could it be the price. The BE website did not mention any recommended retail prices. Might go to the Queensland distributor for a price.

Edit : couldn't find the pots in Ibrew site - anyone else find it ?

It does say they are new. iBrew doesn't have them listed on the site yet so perhaps they don't have them, or just haven't updated their site yet...

They do look nice though...

The amount of engineering in that would put the price right up there I would imagine. I am going out on a limb and saying $350. Kind of like the Price is Right without that annoying Larry Emdur bloke. :D

The amount of engineering in that would put the price right up there I would imagine. I am going out on a limb and saying $350. Kind of like the Price is Right without that annoying Larry Emdur bloke. :D

Found the conical stainless steel fermenters - look great but out of my price range - 46litre $950 up to 102litres for $1,495.
can't justify but by golly it'd look good in the shed !

Larry Emdur - I'd like his teeth ! :D

the 'slotted coin' falsie is a nice idea.

the 'slotted coin' falsie is a nice idea.

I was just thinking that :icon_drool2:

It would also work very well with a mash mixer that pushed the grain down, you would get very little husk underneath it.

...now how do we make one at home ;)

Mite have to make a sqaure type of this false bottom for a 27ltr esky here at work. Im sure that one of the strippits can punch like that

Button_louver_false_bottom.jpg

is that $350 usd so it be around $700 aud buy time it gets to aus retailers

Brewboard has some posts about these with prices.

10gl $299
15gl $359
20gl $385
30gl $489
50gl $599

False Bottoms start at $59
$109 for false bottom for 30 gallon
$39 for screen in boil kettle

Damn - this is a good idea!

BoilerMaker_boil_screen___guard.JPG

EDIT: Not to mention the quick-release dip tubes. I presume they're like a SS version of John Guest fittings...?

Love it

If the slotted false bottom is not recommended for use in kettles, why is the pot not insulated? Surely the "optional" kettle screen should be standard?

:huh:

edit:punctuation

If the slotted false bottom is not recommended for use in kettles, why is the pot not insulated? Surely the "optional" kettle screen should be standard?

:huh:

edit:punctuation

It probably would be best insulated, but I've seen some setups in BYO with three burners and stainless everywhere. (I think it was called the Brutus?) Better to let people choose the configuration they want. I think the idea is that they can be used as HLT, Mash tun or kettle. A tap and thermometer is pretty much a requirement for all three.

I'm looking to go AG in about 9 months time when I move in to a house with some space. Maybe I can save up enough to get one of these as a kettle.

I really like the kettle screen idea and it seems to be a common problem on this board. Leading to such ideas as throwing sand in.

Latest posts

Back