Blichmann BrewEasy Tower of Power LTE wiring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dslambo

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I recently moved back from the USA and brought my BrewEasy back with me.

I purchased the 240v one (never got used to the fact America is 110v), and got the Blichmann adapter to plug it into my stove power point (Yes, Americans have 240v stoves), but now am at a loss on how to get NEMA L6-30 into Australian plugs.

The adapter plug that worked for my US Stove has a removable end which I could simply change the head - probably the easiest, but Opening the control module (it's out of warranty), looks like I could just replace the L6 Cable into the SSR with an Australian plug.

Whats got me a little confused here is it looks like they bind the neutral between all the plug, as you can see the white (USA Neutral) is crimped in the blue.

Any Ideas here?

Much Appreciated.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1794.jpeg
    IMG_1794.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1793.jpeg
    IMG_1793.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 39
The pics arn't real clear, but in AC, Neutral is the common to all phases from the same generator and can be looped around or use a buss bar, the Live wire is routed to the ssr to be switched (Black in this case) by the ssr, and routed to the load (output plug).
My thoughts on this from what I can see, hope it helps.

Common neutral and its switching the active. Neutral comes in and goes straight back out to your element and to the pid controller. Looks like they have the active coming back off one side of the ssr to power the controller as well i'd say. Looks pretty simple but I'd probably just change your adapter plug to be safe.

Hey, thanks for the comments! Been looking at changing the adapter on the other cable, although it is a 4 core cable for that one, so trying to see what can be done. Sent an email to Blichmann, but no response as yet. Got to find an electrician to add a 30amp wall unit so I can run this thing, and my 3V setup when the controller arrives. Will keep updated as I go, and welcome any further suggestions.

Back