Blichmann Beer Gun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormahead

Reaction score
I want to have its children. Why didn't I get one earlier..

Forget sugar, forget variable results bulk priming, its pure simplicity and the only tricky part is getting the carbonation right on the keg.

I just bottled an american brown ale and it was so simple. Flush the bottle out with co2, fill, squirt one shot of co2, then cap. Wasted less than 100ml in foaming.
Unlike the bottling session last week where foaming wasted a good three bottles worth.

The only issue i found was on a hot day like today, the keg heats up quickly and starts to foam up towards the end because the co2 is starting to come out of the beer.
Next time I'll put the keg on ice.

Yes, its overpriced for the sum of its parts but its just made bottling enjoyable again

If you get your carbing levels right, you shouldnt loose any.

It takes a while to get it down pat, but once you do, its SO easy.

About $115 I reckon.

Damn you! I thought I would not have to buy a new toy this week, now this changes everything

I've had mine for a couple of years now and fitted it permenantly into my keg fridge so I can easily fill my growlers when I want to take my beer elsewhere. I also have a small 9L keg that is filled with dilute sterilent that I rinse the gun with after every use.

I've had mine for a couple of years now and fitted it permenantly into my keg fridge so I can easily fill my growlers when I want to take my beer elsewhere. I also have a small 9L keg that is filled with dilute sterilent that I rinse the gun with after every use.

Love to pics of this! ...mine is hardly used at all.

i want one!
i want one!
i want one!
i want one!
i want one!

<_< <_<

So it only took me nine months but I am now the proud father of a beer gun! it is quite possibly the best invention since the hypercolour tshirt.

I went to pick it up from a shop on the Gold Coast, and that was quite the adventure. The guy was "interesting" and had some pretty cool stuff in the shop but may possibly get stuff posted from there next time if I need it.

It's about the only bit of blichmann gear I haven't got aside from conicals! Expensive stuff but they do it so well. I've got all mine from ibrew as well...excellent service...Damn now I'm going to have to look into this as well. I like the idea of the earlier post of just filling up a growler when I want to go somewhere

Just bought mine from g&g. 20% off YEWWWWW :beerbang:

Hey devo, have u got any pics of how u have yours permanently set up? I'd like to see that!
Cheers
Molly

I am pretty sure there is no trumping that shit bro! :angry:

But I am sure the beer gun is a great product.

Hmm I may have got caught up in the moment, I sometimes do that, but it is a pretty cool toy

It took me a while to figure out keg carbonation levels, but once done it's pretty good. The only thing i don't like is it's inability to be used with highly carbonated beers, & the need to have a spare keg to rinse it with sanitiser before/after every use...

I'll use the beer gun if i need to fill a number of bottles, but in general it's easier to just reduce the keg pressure & pour direct from the tap into a growler.

Back