Blending Beers Together?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carniebrew

Brewvy baby, brewvy!
Reaction score
I had a couple of dozen or so of the family and in-laws over yesterday for xmas lunch, and they made a hell of a dent in my home brew stocks. My hefe, dunkel and kilcarney irish ale were all going down a treat.

The Kilcarney proved so popular they drank me out of it pretty quickly, and a few of the tame lager drinkers amongst them weren't fans of the wb-06 flavours in my weizens (sooks). I had a large amount of a recently brewed Dr Smurto's Golden Ale, but it had come out a hell of a lot hoppier than i'd expected, so I knew that wasn't going to work for them. I also had half a dozen or so tallies in the fridge of my first ever brew, a Thomas Coopers Wheat with a kilo of dextrose and kit yeast (you can understand why it's still around....but in my defense I deliberately kept it simple so I had a base to work from, and it turned out the missus loved it as a shandy so it was worth keeping). But I figured even though they were normally megaswill drinkers that was going to be too bland for them...

Then it hit me....why not blend the two? So I snuck into the shed with my beer glass and filled it half up with the hoppy DSGA, then the rest with the wheat beer. The result was very quaffable, so I tucked a few of each under my arm and poured them for the rest of the day...a huge hit with the clan...problem is a few have asked if I can brew it for them!

Anyone else have any stories (good or bad) about blending of your home brews?

Search mongrel keg. Lots of takes. Both good and bad.

Search mongrel keg. Lots of takes. Both good and bad.
Cheers, will do. The search on this site kills me though...normal search for mongrel keg seems to return every post with the word keg in it. So you try and search "mongrel" and you get a message saying flood control has been enabled...ack...

use the search at the top right hand corner of the site

search.JPG

the google search on this button returned

THESE RESULTS

I only have 2 kegs in my fridge, so I sometimes blend to get a third!

Hmm half my post missing.

I did also mean to post that my experiance has been good.

Edit. Also use the advanced search function. Regular sucks.

Yep, advanced search is better than the google option - so long as you know what you're looking for.

Back