Blacklist Phone Numbers B4 Going Out On The Booze

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
This would have been great in my younger days :lol:

Beers,
Doc

Canberra - An Australian phone company is offering customers the chance to blacklist numbers before heading out for a night on the town so they can reduce the risk of making any embarrassing, incoherent late-night calls. A survey of 409 people by Virgin Mobile, a joint venture of The Virgin Group and Optus, found 95 of people percent made drunk calls. Of those calls, 30 percent were to ex-partners, 19 percent to current partners, and 36 percent to other people, including their bosses. The company also found that 55 percent of those polled would grab for their phone first the next morning to check who they had drunkenly dialed, compared with just eight percent who went for the headache pills first.

Oh yeah, I could have used that a few times by now <_<

haha, about time. I think some of my mates would appreciate this. Im always up for a conversation, even if it is 5 in the morning.

Similar to the method I use, store as many names as possible in your phone including the ones you do not want to talk to, keep it saved as:

Name - DNA (DO NOT ANSWER)

My own version of a blacklist - The DNA group

i just leave mine at home and avoid pay phones ;)

I drunkenly called myself one night and left a message telling myself how much I loved me. :blink:

It was so embarrasing - I had to apologise to myself the next morning.....by buying myself a case of beer! :lol:

This may also apply to posting on a brewing web site after a session at the pub or after the mates have left and you decide to try and focus enough to read the current threads and posts.
Sometimes it is just not worth it. :D :ph34r:

Cheers

Someone at work told me about this on Friday and i I spent much time laughing at them saying how silly it was.

at 4am on saturday morning i sent them a message reminding them of this conversation

i'm not sure that i came out the winner on that one.

Doc said:
A survey of 409 people by Virgin Mobile, a joint venture of The Virgin Group and Optus, found 95 of people percent made drunk calls.
Mate I reckon AHB needs a shimilar featya.

Virgin Mobile have released this service.

Checkout the details here

Wonder how long before other telcos follow suit.

Beers,
Doc

Back