Black Rock Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
hi guys
well i went to the home brew shop and asked the guy there what does he recomend to try in the can variety brews
well he gave me a black rock lager and an adda pack containg 750 dextrose and 250 corn syrup.after i got it home i thought well that doesnt sound all that special with the addda pack only containing dextrose and corn syrup so i went and bought 500 g of dme,question here is can i add all of the 500 dme in as well as the adda pack ,what fg will it have ,will it raise the alc content much and will it taste ok
cheers
fergi

if you add teh dme - should give around 5-5.5% depending upon how much water you add.

with 500gms of dme - fg will be a little higher around 1010-1012.

will be Ok...

Hope this helps

thanks gmk
by the way when i have sent my email off to you at the .gov,it came back ,can you email me with the correct address
thanks
fergi

Nice mix to add to any kit:

250g dry wheat malt
500g light dry malt
250g dextrose

dissolve in couple litres water, bring to a simmer, skim the hot break, add any of the Morgan's Finishing hops, simmer 5mins, cover, heat off let steep for 10mins while you deal with the kit. You will get better head retention, bit more body malt flavor.

Do that a couple times then experiment with adding some steeped--never boiled--crushed specialty grains, boiling the wart a bit longer with bittering/flavoring/aroma hops etc. note down what you used for fermentables, yeast etc and keep tasting notes.

BTW I do not recommend Black Rock kits, a lot of which have unmalted barley in them

Jovial Monk

okay thanks guys ive added that info into my book
cheeers
fergi

Latest posts

Back