Bjcp Guidelines, What's The Latest Version?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Well comp season approacheth and I downloaded the pdf from the BJCP site to work out what I'm brewing this year, and it seems to be the 2008 guide.
I thought there was a newer one, anybody know?

Well comp season approacheth and I downloaded the pdf from the BJCP site to work out what I'm brewing this year, and it seems to be the 2008 guide.

IFyou have an iphone you can get the BJCP app which seems to update on a regular basis.

Goodluck

By now i'd imagine they'd have the new styles listed.

1.) Black Spiced Smoked koelsh wit lambic.

2.) Lambic light lager.

3.) Pale stout

4.) American Imperial Low Alcohol ale

4.) American Imperial Weizen

5.) American Imperial Stout

6.) American Imperial Bitter

7.) American Imperial Imperial Dark HoppyPilsener

8.) American Imperial Black koelsh wit.

Basically bribie, just throw whatever ya got together, and it'll fit into some kind of style

The AABC site says there'll be 3 new styles added-

*American Amber
*American Stout
*American Wheat/Rye.

I assume the stout will go in category 11- stout, & the wheat/rye in category 16- wheat & rye.

Does anyone know where the Amber Ale will go? Maybe lumped in with the American Pale Ale, since that's currently in a category all by itself?

Either way, nice to see the Amber Ale included, finally. When done well, it's a thing of wonder!

Mikk

If your brewing for the AABC why don't you use the style guidelines from within BeerSmith 2 (if you have it) the Australian style guidelines are part of the program now although any new styles for this year are not added yet but that's only because they haven't been added to or posted on the AABC site yet. Or just download the AABC styles.

Edit: Just curious Bribie, why are you using the BJCP guides and not the more relevant AABC guides?

If your brewing for the AABC why don't you use the style guidelines from within BeerSmith 2 (if you have it) the Australian style guidelines are part of the program now although any new styles for this year are not added yet but that's only because they haven't been added to or posted on the AABC site yet. Or just download the AABC styles.

Edit: Just curious Bribie, why are you using the BJCP guides and not the more relevant AABC guides?

I wasn't aware that we had our own set - I'll download, thanks for that.

I wasn't aware that we had our own set - I'll download, thanks for that.
You could also download the Babbs ones in pdf Bribie, which basically are the AABC ones and have been updated to include the new categories...

Latest posts

Back