Bitter Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magnum or Nth Brewer

Galena. At 60 minutes or more, it tastes like Isohops.

Try a Corona and see if you can taste anything.

northern brewer.

id just put down a northern brewer only hop for bitter, flavor, aroma and after doing some reading up hoping it does not end up with a hint of mint. Its from G and G and know its the euro strain

Galena. At 60 minutes or more, it tastes like Isohops.

Try a Corona and see if you can taste anything.
Is that a good thing?
Corona has no hops, all extract and not Iso-Hop, tetra, hexa, hydro or some other skunk proof preparation, hardly something I aspire to make let alone drink.
Mark

yeah go the german nth brewer over the US one. It is alot different. I have done a all brew with it and it is a bit strange for my liking late in the boil. As you say its like a grassy mint or something, not to my liking but as a bitter addition I am a big fan.

yeah go the german nth brewer over the US one. It is alot different. I have done a all brew with it and it is a bit strange for my liking late in the boil. As you say its like a grassy mint or something, not to my liking but as a bitter addition I am a big fan.

cool. yeah i only bottled few days ago and had a sip and did notice mint. was warned but live and learn i guess. hoping it does not show in the end result but can only hope??!!!

I've done 2 parts POR to one part Saaz for a 30 minute boil which seemed pretty good as the only hop additions in a APA.

northern brewer for me, currently drinking a czech lager, NB and Saaz for bitterness and Saaz late, can taste nothing but yummy saaz spiciness with a decent
boot full of bitterness up front.

Back