Bitter and Twisted meetup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuahardie

Beer, so much more than a breakfast drink
Reaction score
post 1000. nice

Central Coast Brewers,

If anyone is interested in attending Bitter and Twisted this year,
I am going up on Saturday, so if anyone wants to train pool or similar, let me know.

We never made it this year.

Unfortunately it's just a crazy time of year for us, there's umpteen family birthdays, and end-of-skool things.
And maybe I'm getting old, but last year at B&T the music was too loud.

It was a shame that no one else was able to make it. The weather was great and there was a great lineup of beers. Despiote being a sellout the crowd was manageable and the music was not too loud.

the downside was the public transport or lackthereof. that is an issue that really needs to be addressed. This festival would be better off at an alternative venue in newcastle. despite being unique maitland gaol is a huge hassle to get to, especially with the track works that seem to affect it every other year.

Josh. Newcastle may be a problem too, if the planned railway closure happens on schedule, before then.

I can handle the 10 minute bus ride from the new interchange to the cbd, but a hour busride back from maitland to hamilton with a belly and bladder full of beer, not so easy.

:)

Yea the the bus ride was a hectic struggle especially from Maryland when it's a 2 bus trip to there and and a 2 bus trip home. (When the rail ain't working:usually) it's a great day but without a lift from someone you know it's nearly not worth the effort when public transport is involved.
On the other hand, warners bay beer festival is my favorite now due to the ease of getting home and the bigger array of beers [emoji106][emoji111]️.

Back