Bitter And Twisted Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
I'm stuffed if I can find this thread using the serch function as I think it has been mentioned before now?
Anyway any AHBers making the trip to Morpeth?

http://www.bitterandtwisted.com.au/

Steve

Im considering going - g/f has given the all clear just need to arrange transport and/or somewhere to stay.

I'm stuffed if I can find this thread using the serch function as I think it has been mentioned before now?
Anyway any AHBers making the trip to Morpeth?

http://www.bitterandtwisted.com.au/

Steve

Hi Steve,

'Making the Trip' - we are taking over the place !

You can see the beers available at their website (I know that Potters are taking 6 taps) and I have attached a summary of the 'entertainment' which includes some AHB stars.

Dave

View attachment Printed_Schedule_20_10_07.pdf

Ill be there on sunday....

I don't know if i am going blind, but i could not see what time it starts/ends on the website.

DOnt think i will get there ;)

Too much to do here, wont get a baby sitter on the weekend and dont want to drag the kids along.

they will leave home one day...... i hope.

cheers

Will definately be there on the Saturday. Bought my tickets from MHB today

Theres a coach that picks up from various spots i was about to book in for the saturday price and it was $55 including the entry fee. Picked up at wallsend (fire station hotel) 11:15 and dropped back at 19:30 . This was before i booked a job in when i was hungover on the saturday and i cant cancell it. :angry:
cheers,

i also think it was through rover coaches and there was pick ups all over newy if anyone is interested

Hi Steve,

'Making the Trip' - we are taking over the place !

You can see the beers available at their website (I know that Potters are taking 6 taps) and I have attached a summary of the 'entertainment' which includes some AHB stars.

Dave

G'day Steve,

Myself and Graeme are coming down from the wilds of Taylors Arm and will be bringing 6 Murray's beers for tasting as well. See you guys there!

Shawn.

I may be putting an appearance of some description aswell, I think it will be a good weekend.
Trent.

Am heading to Sydney next week and just managed to change my flights to get me to the festival on the Sunday :D
Yaaay!

Hope to bump into a few AHBers there.

Berp.

Am heading to Sydney next week and just managed to change my flights to get me to the festival on the Sunday :D
Yaaay!

Hope to bump into a few AHBers there.

Berp.
Andrew,

I think you'll do more than bump into us, as I believe you'll be helping out with the arduous task of judging the Best Of Show round (which I may or may not be allowed to judge).

See you there
Les :p

Im going to be there Saturday :)

Looking forward to it.

For those not local bring a umbrella with you. Looks like there will be intermittent showers. Going to be such a good day!! There are a few really top beers being exhibited. IMO potters and Murrays being the pick of them. That said though I'm looking forward to trying the two meter tall beers.. Sounds like from their website that all ingredients are grown locally, to the brewery that is (Tasmania).

For those not local bring a umbrella with you. Looks like there will be intermittent showers. Going to be such a good day!! There are a few really top beers being exhibited. IMO potters and Murrays being the pick of them. That said though I'm looking forward to trying the two meter tall beers.. Sounds like from their website that all ingredients are grown locally, to the brewery that is (Tasmania).

Have a great time leeboy. Thought about making the trip down myself, however, have to work.

Have a tasting of the Two Metre Tall range before you buy. I've had these before and they were very poor. Might have been due to transport, but I would be reluctant to try them again.

Cheers
Jimmy

PS you could send us some of that rain.

I would love to send you some of this rain, got the festival today and a wedding tonight/arvo at the vineyards, its meant to be an outdoor 530 wedding. the bride will be spewing. Yeah the two meter tall brewery looked like it could go either way. It was their enviro friendly philosophy that got me interested. Oh well there are plenty of tried and tested beers there worth a shot.

Also don't let me talking of rain put anyone off I'm a crap weather man and there is lots of undercover areas at morpeth. Should be a corker of a festival with beer, music, food and of course food/beer matching talks and stalls.

See you there!

Wow, what a top day out. Got to catch up with lots of familiar faces (although I missed the elusive Dr K) and drank some great beer. As usual, Potter's and Murray's were the standouts. MHB's stand was the place to be, brewers as far as the eye could see and a keg of Keith's hefe. Outstanding. I might even go back tomorrow...

I will post more complete thanks tomorrow, but to the guys who helped out today thanks heaps guys, you were real like savers.

Great to see so many familiar faces, as well a couple of the rarer visitors to the Hunter.

Top day and if you can, get there for tomorrows offerings.

A special thanks to Potters for supplying some great beers for me to serve (if you ever look at the penalties for serving non-excise payed alcohol in a licensed zone, you will know why it wasnt home brew).

The beer drinking public nailed 2, 50L kegs in just over 4 hours, thats just on my stall. The Heffie was a huge hit, as was the keg of Oktoberfest.

Cheers all

MHB

Sounds like a great day was had by all.
I saw this topic pop up and figured it might have been the results of the Top Twister.

Doc

Doc, the results will be known tomorrow at about 2:30 IIRC. Checks schedule...no, BoS is 1:30- 3:05 on Sunday.

I was not invited to judge in the BoS as one of my beers may (or may not) be in the best of show round. That means that I may (or may not) have a first placed beer. Geez, I hope it's a wheat beer...been a while since I was recognised for a wheat beer, and I got a name ...um... rep, to uphold.

Shortly thereafter, I present (OK, I'll ad lib) a chat on "Winning Beers". Would be good to do it with some "bling" in hand.

BTW, had a great day,especially the beer wenches (ask MHB). Filled a half a gazillion helium balloons and distributed them just as fast as they were filled.

Tasted the Steel River's new organic lager. Appealed to me in a special way, but was not everyone's fave. Also sampled the Shazzam, the Murray's Grand Cru and their dark ale, as well as the Potter's Hefeweizen (brewed by our Keith the Beer Guy), and the Potters Oktoberfest.

Met the beer writer for the Newie Herald, spent some quality time and dirty talk with the mischievous, elusive and sometimes erratic, but always entertaining Dr K. Did a spot in front of the crowd as an interview/Q&A session with a TV interviewer along with Trent and the good (OK intriguing) Dr K before the band came back on.

Overall Rating 9/10

Beerz
Les :p

Back