Bitter And Twisted Festival In Maitland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez we got through the beer quickly yesterday...even in the rain!
Wonder how things'll go today...

Bigup to all the fellas who brought beers along and served them. It was bloody chockers around 1-3 o'clock. Some bloody nice beers on display too...Schooeys Coffee Stout off handpump, Trents Coconut Porter, Unters Amber...just to name a few. Docs Mind Warp Black IPA was also top notch too...well worth a ticket or two!

had a great morning catching up with a few friends, and tasting some great beers. the food was good..... the view was preety good at the Turkish food stand :icon_chickcheers:

Was a lot slower this morning compared to yesterday aparently...... and missed out on a couple of the murrys beers that i wanted to try due to them drying up :(

But it was a buzz to have my beer on tap for the public..... and seing peoples faces when they tasted it and got that classic smoked bacon hit in the mouth

here a couple snaps of the HUB stand and my beer on tap. Thanks to the HUB folks for their hard work in the tent and letting me run my beer :icon_cheers:

HUB_Stand.jpg

B_T_Festival.jpg

B_T_My_beer.jpg

Top Twister Results
The final round of judging has been completed at the Bitter & Twisted beer competition. Results and score sheets are being collated and will be returned to entrants this week. The overall standards of the beers entered was very high, particularly with the following category winners:

A. Trent Maier
B. Greg Stephens
C. Max Plank
D. Trent Maier
E. Scott Simpson
F. David Jenkins
G. David Jenkins
H. Trent Maier
I. Trent Maier
J. Graham & Kelly Eyres

The above beers were submitted to a Best of Show round and the winners were:

Best of Show: Scott Simpson - Australian Pale Ale
1st Runner Up: Trent Maier - Klsch
2nd RunnerUp: David Jenkins - RIS

Congrats to all winners

Wow its practically empty compared to saturday going by those pictures. Pretty sure the only time it looked like that was at 1005 yesterday morning

it got buisier by lunch time but nothing on the reports i heard about saturday.

Im going saturday next year...... will come packing a couple different styles.

May have to work on my RSA to help out as well.

i had a great day and a big thanks to the fellow brewers of newcastle the beer i had from the h.u.b. stand was top notch and for the rest of you that weren't game to attend basically you lucked out it was a great day out for that family
might have to get an rsa as well

i had a great day and a big thanks to the fellow brewers of newcastle the beer i had from the h.u.b. stand was top notch and for the rest of you that weren't game to attend basically you lucked out it was a great day out for that family
might have to get an rsa as well

Yup - All agreed that it was the best time that they had ..... since the last B&T !

I have started discussions about having a stand at next year's B&T and the HUB's will arrange to get everyone RSA'd as well. We would also like to have brewers from Sydney and beyond serving their beer as well.

Dave

Was a great day, thanks for the beers HUB guys.
Everyone was very friendly too, many thanks.

Hi Guys,

FYI, i came up from Sydney with a bunch of mates. We did all day Saturday and got around all stands. We did our favourite ones more than a few times. They voted your beers as allround the best followed by Murrys. Only complaint was you ran out on Saturday a bit early for them.

Some great beers there guys.

Shane

Ok I had a blast of a day and really enjoyed it!
Tasting great beers from fellow brewers and sun out all day. Tony's Rauchbier, Muggus Ginger Ale, Galaxy Smash, Chocolate Porter, Barley wine, Witbeer, Blonde, Doppelbock, Smoked Stout, APA....
just to name a few I can remember ;-)
Here some photos from earlier in the day

IMG_8396_1.JPG

IMG_8398_1.JPG

IMG_8401_1.JPG

IMG_8403_1.JPG

IMG_8407_1.JPG

IMG_8408_1.JPG

IMG_8411_1.JPG

IMG_8415_1.JPG

IMG_8419_1.JPG

IMG_8421_1.JPG

IMG_8424_1.JPG

IMG_8427_1.JPG

IMG_8439_1.JPG

IMG_8443_1.JPG

IMG_8449_1.JPG

Great pics Max! I'm suprised how busy Saturday was in comparison to today...despite the weather.

...And good to see they locked you up for sporting that dirty handlebar mo! :p

Great pics Max! I'm suprised how busy Saturday was in comparison to today...despite the weather.

...And good to see they locked you up for sporting that dirty handlebar mo! :p
Well they did try again! See last years photo (Eric took that)
But I prevailed again ;-)

locked_up.jpg

Ah and a frew pics from Saturday from my mate Eric
As I said he is a great photographer...

DSC_2576.JPG

DSC_2577.JPG

DSC_2584.JPG

DSC_2586.JPG

Couple of my ugly mug in there.

Great day on Sunday.

No Crowds!!

A nice day out up at the gaol. All the HUB beers seemed to be well received, and rightly so.

Big thanks to MHB for lending us the magic boxes and other equipment!

Back