Bitter And Twisted Festival In Maitland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be there tommorrow, though the prediction is rain so i'm not sure how it will play out.
I like to be a poser and wear my AHB shirt for events like this...

Ill be there tomorrow weather permitting.
eg if it is raining, ill give it a miss.

ill wear my red AHB top to make me easier to spot for fellow forum users.

Ill be there tomorrow weather permitting.
eg if it is raining, ill give it a miss.

ill wear my red AHB top to make me easier to spot for fellow forum users.
I cant make it saturday, going sunday.

How will I know if I spot one of you guys tomorrow?

Who is coming/going?

Generally I look for folks with an uncomfortable twitch .... but if MHB is there thats a grand place to start!

Scotty

I cant make it saturday, going sunday.

Hi Jason,

I was wondering if you were going to make the trip. Thought I might of caught up with you for a beer.
If I make a spur of the moment decision to go on Sunday, ill see you there.

Next time mate.

rain = shorter beer lines.
plus the music on saturday will be much better.
get amongst it!

Generally I look for folks with an uncomfortable twitch .... but if MHB is there thats a grand place to start!

Scotty

Hi Scotty,

MHB was not able to attend, but the local HUB (Hunter United Brewers) guys are running a stand with some of their beers. Plus we run the HB talks in block A.

Come along everyone and get a 'Brewers pour' and 'Mates Rates' .....

Dave

I should be there Sunday, if i'm allowed out on day release.

Hi Scotty,

MHB was not able to attend, but the local HUB (Hunter United Brewers) guys are running a stand with some of their beers. Plus we run the HB talks in block A.

Come along everyone and get a 'Brewers pour' and 'Mates Rates' .....

Dave
Well, Dave, you will recognise me as the chap who stands in front of you and asks for Brewers pour and mates rates.
:D

I'll be there on Saturday. Dunno how you will pick us, should be 5 of us.

Just a list of some of the beers to be showcased by The Hunter United Brewers;

Head on Collision Topaz Smash
Reef Oil Coconut Porter
More than a dry Wit
Mr Bean Coffee Stout
Out of this Galaxy Pale Ale
Bitchslap IIPA
Traffic Light Amber
Pams Passion Blonde Ale
Mr Hoppy Wheat
Glass and a Half Chocolate Porter
Route 66 American Wheat
Andy CAP
Peve'd Pale Ale
Doppelganger Doppelbock
Swamp Doctor Weizen

Just to mention a few.... Advance apologies to all brewers for the tacky names I just pulled outta my arse... :p

Just a list of some of the beers to be showcased by The Hunter United Brewers;

Head on Collision Topaz Smash
Reef Oil Coconut Porter
More than a dry Wit
Mr Bean Coffee Stout
Out of this Galaxy Pale Ale
Bitchslap IIPA
Traffic Light Amber
Pams Passion Blonde Ale
Mr Hoppy Wheat
Glass and a Half Chocolate Porter
Route 66 American Wheat
Andy CAP
Peve'd Pale Ale
Doppelganger Doppelbock
Swamp Doctor Weizen

Just to mention a few.... Advance apologies to all brewers for the tacky names I just pulled outta my arse... :p
Sounds like a bloody fantastic list of brews...despite the names :p

I'll be there Saturday, not wearing my NBBC (Northern Beaches Brew Club) shirt though, not in this weather.
Looks more like a sweater and raincape day.
Still, will be fun.

Me and some mates are headin up tomorrow and staying in Maitland sat. and sunday nights, so might go both days if it is worth it. Looking forward to sampling some new beers and some good music.
This will be our first trip up there so hope its going to be good!
Any good palces to go out when its finished on saturday night, like a good local pub or club?

Hmmm...... Maybe people'stastes are turning towards better beer? 15+ cornys gone between 10-3... Unterberg's Amber and Asis's Galaxy Pale flying from the taps along with two kegs of Trent's coconut porter and one of his head on collisions. Goatherder's CAP was a fave with the chick's and Thomas and Daniel's wheat beers hardly got time to be noticed. El Hefe's English mild wasn't around long and Bigfridge's Doppel proved doubly awesome but disappeared in half the time... :blink:

Tomorrow there will be a few limited releases, but get in quick! especially if you want some Peve'd Pale or some More than a dry Wit, Inside info tells me that an old Genie may make an appearance along with a bacon buster and some Ginger goodness... Mr Bean may be seen again as well....

Cheers to all the brewers who donated their beer and time today. What a thrill to serve such excellent beers to the public and have them come back and ask for more....

:beer: Well done HUBs on very short notice..... :D

I had a great day out there despite judging for a big part of the morning. It was a pleasure to do that with Pete under Dave's patronage. Hope we did a decent job. Some great beers from the HUB group there. Not surprising we ran out of them at the tent that soon.
Glad my Amber ale was popular and at this stage I would like to say a big THANKS to Mark from MHB who let me brew it on the fabulous Braumeister! Great piece of german engineering to have, says the german ;-)

i will be there in the morning with a keg full of Rauchbier for the punters.

cant have he home brew lines running empty!

It will hurt to give it away...... but all for the greater good of supporting the festival and opening peoples eyes up to the vast range of beers available!

See you in the morning!

Back