Birthday Bar Sign

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sponge

Dungeon O' Sponge Brewery
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I went looking for a related thread which I could tag onto the end of but had no luck. If anyone knows of a thread this belongs in please advise and I'll post there instead.

Anywaysss, I turned 25 at the end of April and had a bit of a gathering over the weekend with a bunch of mates, a few kegs and a mechanical bull. Twas quite the fun evening.

My fiancee told me she has organised a present but would prefer to wait til everyone was around to give it to me as they helped with the financial side of it.

Hopefully the photo attaches, but it is essentially a custom sign/light she made for me. I don't have a picture of it without the light on, but will hopefully upload something this evening. Pretty decent size at around 1m diameter. Needless to say I was speechless when presented with it.

I had called my 'brewery' dungeon o' sponge since moving into our apartment 2 years ago which has a storage type room out the back of the garage (located underneath our apartment) which she was kind enough to allow me to (quite easily) fill up with brewing and music gear. The est. 2013 (although I have been brewing AG since moving in) was really just because she thought it could only be officially recognised/named once a sign was made for it.

20130512_185130_resized.jpg

sponge said:
it could only be officially recognised/named once a sign was made for it.
I'm a Sign Maker by trade & I wholly endorse this comment!

Looks good mate

If I had've known what she was planning I would've recommended her asking around on here for some pricing (not sure where she got it made in the end) but am well chuffed with the sign either way.

I know I had seen some other members with custom signs/bar runners/etc but thought I might have only seen them in unrelated threads...

very nice, may you post where it was done.

yum beer said:
I have just asked for you. I'll let you know when I get a response

Edak said:
That's a great sign! I think she is a keeper for getting it done for you. :)
Yea, she goes alright :D . I am just happy she is happy for me to spend so much time and money on both music and brewing.

yum beer said:
Just found out it was done at a local place here called panther signs.

Back