Birko 20l Urn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinkas

Reaction score
Hi All,
My parents shed contains a 20-30 litre Birko stainless steel urn, but the element is broken, is this useful in brewing or should I let them throw it out?
How much for a replacement element? My father says around $200?

Cheers

Case

Definitely grab it as soon as you can. Do not let them throw it out. They make great HLT and boilers if you desire. I would think that the cost of a replacement element would be considerably less than $200 as you can buy a brand new 20-30 lt urn for $200-$300.

Cheers
:beer:
Mothballs

Hold onto it for sure!

But if you really want to dispose of it..............................i'll take it of your hands :D

hmmmm now to freight it from WA :blink:

I just had a quote to replace the element & thermostat on a 20l urn at $111

Buy an immersion element and a controller...more versatile.

ALternatively - goto to Big W and buy a Linda Kettle and use the element out of that.

sinkas said:
Hi All,
My parents shed contains a 20-30 litre Birko stainless steel urn, but the element is broken, is this useful in brewing or should I let them throw it out?
How much for a replacement element? My father says around $200?
[post="74873"][/post]​

Hi Case
Keep the urn, contact JG Thomas in Bayswater 9272 7122 for a replacement element. They quoted me $62.42 +GST for a replacement Birko 2400W element today

Cheers Ausdb

HI all,
Cheers fo the input, now to decide if I can bring it back to WA as hand luggage...

Case

Back