BigD's Visit To Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What shall we do for bigD's visit to Perth?

• I nominate my place to bring beer for tasting and yarning.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I nominate deebee's place to bring beer for tasting/yarning.

• I nominate my place for a brew demonstration.

• Let's go to Clancy's where we can take homebrew to taste.

• Let's go to a pub to just drink.

• Let's do another Freo pub crawl.

• Total voters

deebee

The Bludgeon Brewery
Reaction score
The nominated date at the moment is 26 June . OK, what are we doing for this?

My preference is to go to someone's house because we can take as much homebrew as we like and we can take bought beer from International Beer Shop and maybe even have a visit there during the day.

My preference is to go to someone else's house, but if there are no takers I will put my backsteps on the line and volunteer. I don't really want a brew demo coz the clean up when we are pissed will be a nightmare. I will agree so long as I don't have to do any cleaning up of the actual brewing stuff.

I don't reckon a trip to IBS and then to JB O'Reilly's would be cool coz they wouldn't let us bring in beer from outside (though it is a good pub to just drink at...)

Open to other suggestions.

Hey Deebee,

I'm willing to have it at my place, but, you'll all have to come over to Sydney..........

Whatever ends up, have a good day guys. God I'm jealous :(

just a thought.
ive a 5 1/2acre block at bullsbrook with shed but no power/water yet.good place for a few but may be a bit far nth for some.plus lack of amenities.
oh well i will get it sorted eventually.

big d

OK I am with Deebee, drinking homebrew at someones place and arguing over which yeast they should have used is more fun than drinking commercial beer. And since I have tried to organise this before and then thought I was going away, but am almost certain I will be in town 26 June, I nominate my place. (Maybe Deebee could suggest his place as the alternative, just in case, but since I am going away next week I am sure I will be here 26 June).

My place is between Maylands and Bayswater, 100 m from Meltham train station, have a big garden/barbecue, an undercover area if it rains, and three very large dogs in case anyone gets unruly. Also have an all grain system that we can look at and take the piss out of while drinking. Big D HAS to see my abortion of an immersion chiller.

If everyone is keen we can fire the system up, but personally I would rather swap beer and stories.

Thoughts, takers?

There's something wrong with the system.... I tried to tick ALL the boxes but it wont let me !

I'm up for a brew type day as well - and for purely selfish reasons GL's place may be preferable as its about a 5 minute stagger from my place. The train being that close has to be a good thing too.

The bottom line is - count me in for whatever is going !

There's something wrong with the system.... I tried to tick ALL the boxes but it wont let me !

I'm up for a brew type day as well - and for purely selfish reasons GL's place may be preferable as its about a 5 minute stagger from my place. The train being that close has to be a good thing too.

The bottom line is - count me in for whatever is going !

Need to change the poll. No option for GL's place...

If you are close to trains, GL, yours is the go. Undercover area clinches it.

Mine can be plan B if you called away to airlift oilrigs into borneo jungles at last minute.

I'm keen for just about anything.

House:
- Pros
more social
easier to share brews
possible ability to demonstrate AG brewing
cheaper than a pub

- Cons
noise/disruptions
cleanup
danger of damage to stairs

Pub
- Pros
they're used to drunks being there
no cleanup worries
food is easily available

- Cons
more expensive
probabily cant share homebrews around
will be more social, and less focused on HB

Agree with barfridges comments. In the end I am not too fussy and will go along with any option. Can also offer up my place as a third option ... down in Atwell so it is a bit of a hike for most ppl. Have a large patio, AG setup and kegerator. GL's place is likely a lot more central however.

I'm happy either way :)

If its at someones house, I'll bring along some food too (along with beer of course!).

hello vlads mum here, I am just letting you know that vlad (the pale aler) cant go on this outing. After his last exploits in trannsylvania and whitby he is grounded for about 200 mortal years. Once the bugger gets afew ipa's in him, the townsfolk arent safe, there will be werewolves and undead vampires all over the place. You try cleaning up after a pack of werewolves after a night on homebrewed stout, its not a pretty sight. I will just have to keep him locked in his coffin during the day and just let him out to brew up that foul stuff he calls beer. And you all thought he only drank blood.
yours in eternal darkness
vlads mum

(brings thread back up)

Do we have a date for this get together ?

Vlad's Mum: sorry to hear that ! I'm sure he would be well behaved....

whats going on perth guys.
just because the west coast eagles were flogged by 101 points its no excuse to go into hiding.
not long to go and i will be in adelaide then perth.
so what is happening get together wise.
i think adelaide brewers have the wood on you guys when it comes to organisation. :lol: ;) however being a future west coast resident i no you wont let me down. :p ;)

cheers
big d

ps if you want to taste the famous crowland skunkfart ipa you betta come up with some meets.

Sorry Bigd - missed your post.... (and I couldn't bring myself to think about football until the Eagles had a win on the weekend).

Bringing this to the top again....

Bigd is here between the 18th June and 3rd July - How about the 22nd June?

22nd June is a tuesday .... ? 26th is a Saturday and my preferred date (on call the other weekends:( )

22nd? what idiot said 22nd......... :ph34r:

I meant 26th - sorry about that !

Its definitely on. Unless there are objections, or no-one turns up it is
1) on 26 June and
2) at my place
Big D why dont you suggest a time that suits you. I'm thinking afternoon but am flexible.
Perth brewers why dont you post and confirm you are coming. As Jayses says are you committed to craft brewing? Do you want to expand your horizons? Heres a great opportunity to try lots of different brews and laugh at my all grain gear. I am almost opposite a train station - get dropped off with your beer and train it home.
I will be offering for tasting
SFPA split between 1056 and 1272 - see if 1272 really is fruitier
Porter split between two english ale yeasts
English mild as per recipe posted in this forum
Duvel brewed with safale and another brewed with belgian strong ale - taste the enormous difference
A few other brews that I have tasting notes from the Bathurst judges for so you can see what they think you should be tasting (apparently not very much in the case of my dry irish stout!)
etc etc etc

I will be putting some effort into this, will provide lunch if it is midday, so if no-one turns up and I am left with a bunch on uneaten snaggers, excuses like "got drunk the night before" will be poorly received.

I will send my address by PM to anyone posting in this thread a bit before the date when I am back in Perth. Probably cross post on Grumpys as well. But impossible to do from here (Indonesian jungle, dodgy telephone connection, sumatran tigers prowling round the camp, that sort of thing).

being on holidays any time will suit me simon

great stuff GL - I'm in...

Sounds like you've got some interesting brews going there too.

If you need a hand with anything let me know.

Back