Big D's World Tour Of Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozdevil

Reaction score
Gday All

I know this is prolly early stages of organising things and i understand already big d has a brew day organised with Jayse (i think)

but as was discussed earlier today at JMs a session down at holdfast bay (cant think of the places name jayse or JM maybe able to tell us the name) to have a Ahb meet here while Big D is here

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

cheers and beers
ozdevil

Its just called the holdfast bay i think. Just a hop skip and a jump from the G-SPOT.
I'll find out if there actaully brewing around that time that would be cool.
Because the brewery is almost a part of the front bar.

Anyone who wants to come round for a brew day at my joint is most welcome.
Its to early in the piece to put anything in concrete but sure as eggs me and bigd will be brewing together during his stay here come hell or high water.

Too many puns jayse

sounds great guys.will post my dates when in adelaide in a day or so.currently posting from somewhere i shouldnt have access from whilst doing something id rather not.rhymes with lurk ;)

cheers
big d

Guys,

Thanks to Fiscus the Calendar is now up and running.
Throw all dates etc in there.
Semi-wishing I was in Adelaide :p

Beers,
Doc

exellent.
i'll start to fill up some dates for adelaide brewers.

So be there or be square. :lol:
and i'll see you round like a uh mmm ......something thats round

Jayse

bigD, what happened to the Perth leg of your tour?

gday deebee
still going to perth after adelaide so will post dates adelaide/perth in a day or so.hope to get together with you guys again for a few beers or whatever.in perth for about 2 1/2 weeks from memory.

cheers
big d

Another day at Clancy's with some HB tastings maybe?

excellent deebee.
maybe a chaser or two at little creatures then stroll over to clancys for a few ales and a feed.might have to pick up one of my kegs left there last visit :D
do they still have a good selection of beers at clancys?

They still have a great selection at clancy's and they rotate a few from time to time.

The best part last time (in Jan) was tasting everyone else's beer.

dates im in adelaide 7th june-18th june

perth 18th june-3rd july.

see ya then

You'll be here in time to celebrate my my big 30 bigd.
thats years of age.
I'll brew a demon ale to celebrate this week heres the recipe so far.

JAYSE'S DEMON ALE.
==============================
5.5KG JW ALE MALT 5 EBC
1KG IMC MUNICH MALT 11 EBC
5OOG MELANOIDIN MALT 40 EBC
250 G WHEAT MALT
200G CARAROMA 300EBC
mashed at 66c

42 G NORTHERN BREWER 80 MINS

14 G AMARILLO AND 14 G CASCADE at 20, 15, 10 and 5 mins
28G EACH AT FLAME OUT.

notingham ale yeast.

O.G 1065 IBU 73
============================

cheers jayse

looks like a great recipe jayse.great that i will be able to try it out.

I am still fine tuning its gunna have so much toasted pale malt grains to back up all the hops.
The cj in j ones use a lot of light crystal malts. but iam going with another guy's idea who does this beer and going with more munich malt etc and a dark crystal malt but only a small amount of crystal i'll use the cararoma.
it will be a fair bit darker than all my others and not use anywhere near as much crystal malt.
The melanoidin malt is new for me but grumpies has a quote from wes saying 'its like munich malt on steriods'.

For the hops iam going with hops every 10 mins from 45 mins now and double the amount at flame out.

Now to really go all out would be chuck some hops in the HLT and MLT and use the hop back.
Depending on how iam going on the day i'll see how much i can spread the hops out in even more additions but 60 additions will be pushing it.

cheers jayse

should be a good practice run for the big one jayse ;)

Between you and me and who ever else rocks up when your here iam sure if we do shifts will get 60 additions no worries.

The thing is iam just not crazy enough to even bother sitting here doing 60 additions brewing by myself.

Like the guy who did it says its not really any different to ten minute additions but its all about being one with the brew.
like a zen thing.

This guys a american school teacher working in japan and has a bottle of this in is desk at all times.
Have you read the whole thread Bigd on HBA?

cheers jayse

damn, that sounds like a mighty tasty brew Jayse,

GO Big D, so them how 'real' brewers brew, none of this cool climate stuff :p

Thanx bonk.
Its good to see you here on AHB.
i'll leave you to your high temps. here in adelaide at the moment it is perfect brewing temps.

jayse

no worries bonk i will turn the heat up for our cold climate brew buddies.
jayse i read the thread.reckon i will warm up with cj,s little one malt version but use simcoe for bittering then hit it hard with cascade and amarillo at 10 minute intervals from about 30 down. :p
:blink: see what happens. <_<

cheers
big d B)

Back