Big Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_Mills

The Old Man of Brew
Reaction score
Munting Ilog, Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Hi All
Big Brew Day is on again on the first Saturday in May.
This year the recipes are
1. Rye IPA
2. Porter
For those who are new to this I would suggest you read the site below.
Its a day of brewing with friends and here at Bulli we will have an IBU's day of brewing, tasting and a big brew day.
http://beertown.org/events/bigbrew/index.html
Cheers
Ray

The Monk will be hosting a BBD site again.

Anyone wanting to do their first mash it will be a painless experience: I will supply the ingredients and equipment.

Anyone interested please contact me at [email protected]

Jovial Monk

Oops!

I will also be there to help and advise. Brewer takes his wort home. Hands on, the real way to learn mashing!

Rye IPA, sounds yummy!

JM

I'm thinking of inviting some non brewing friends over for this event.
On their website it says to register your site. What if you dont have one. Can we register AHB or has this already been done.
I am going for the AG Rye IPA BTW.

cheers
johnno

Good luck guys
next year one in Qld I would guess :party:
Batz

Looks like i will be holding one in Brizzy - anyone got an good Rye IPA recipes? Or know where i can get some Mt Hood and Olympus hops for that recipe on the site? Or good hop subs?

Ah cool thanks.

Also dunno what happened to the rest of my question... must have highlighted it my accident when i hit enter.

All the best with it jgriffin
Wish I could be there as well , next year for sure.
Perhaps even one in the hinterlands? Maybe with a few SA brewers too?

Batz

PS. If you bottle a couple save one for Batz :beer:

i've been conned/tricked/asked to do a mash demo (scary i know) for the 4 people in darwin intrested in AG. I think this might be the go for the recipe.

anyone in Darwin intrested???

bonk said:
i've been conned/tricked/asked to do a mash demo (scary i know) for the 4 people in darwin intrested in AG.
[post="52981"][/post]​

Four people....

You were lucky...now when I was a lad...

Batz

Goliath is doing it too! Got the stuff to do it with, Who's gonna do the brew/s ?

Dave

Maybe it's time you did one Dave??? :beer:

Batz said:
Maybe it's time you did one Dave??? :beer:
[post="53006"][/post]​

Won't get much to go around mashing in a coffee cup :D
sorry dave couldn't resist that one :p

Jayse

Hi
A reminder to all who want to turn up on BBD at my place in Bulli this Saturday. I will need numbers to order the snags.
Bring along a few bottles of your best or worst beer for all to try.
I will be making the Rye IPA and Tim Thomas will bring his Tower of Power over in the new ford ute. Another Rye IPA to be made. and JW will be making one too.
If you want to make a beer and turn up on the day let me know by email: [email protected]
Starts at 10am and if its a nice day it will be fun for all.
Cheers
Ray Mills

Ray I may not be able to leave Cambletown until about 11 so will get there about 12 how long does it go for Ray

Pumpy

Hope the train is not too bumpy , still it will give me a chance to bring my beer along with a pathetic excuse why it is so cloudy .

Pumpy

Back