BIAB to 3v

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've refrained from answering this, as I don't like system wars fights about stuff. But I couldn't help myself.

Look, from a beer point of view - unlikely to be much difference. The biggest difference in beer is the brewer's skill. The equipment is an extension of that, the same way as a cricket bat is an extension of someone who already has the skills. I could go out and buy the best cricket bat on the market, but I'd still look worse than GD McGrath.

So it comes to the cost vs effort vs time vs bling/tinker factor. That, my dear sir, is a qualitative decision, but not beer quality.

Yeast management and water chemistry is what separates good, from great beer - not wort production equipment.

But that should never stop a bloke from building something that looks like it might make it to the moon, or at least into orbit.

Nick JD said:
Yeast management and water chemistry is what separates good, from great beer - not wort production equipment.

But that should never stop a bloke from building something that looks like it might make it to the moon, or at least into orbit.
Holy shit Nick, you said something I actually agree with.

Nick JD said:

Mostly I agree. People often undermine the role wort production itself has on finished beer - suggesting cold side is of A1 importance (it is) but that wort is somehow only b-grade. I know Nick is not doing this here but I'm just emphasising his point - the equipment on which you produce that wort is irrelevant - it's what you do with it to produce the wort you want and to ferment it in the way you want to.

Can you ferment good wort in a cheap, plastic container? Yes. Can you ferment it in an expensive ss conical? Yes.

Same deal with the production equipment.

Back