BIAB / partial mash Esky conversion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuz

Reaction score
I'm hoping to locate a suitable tap/ball valve assembly with long enough stem for fitting to an Esky.

I have my doubts about those "weldless" eBay offerings because they seem to be more for a stock pot conversion and don't have much faith in these very ordinary things...

Any guidance on this? I've got a Coleman 26l rectangular esky that could be used in this project.

OR, this cheery little unit: http://www.kmart.com.au/product/15l-cooler-drink-jug/1652316

Thanks!

What part of Melb are you in cause there might be someone near you who could help you with it .
I have a 35lt willow esky took the tap out cut a peice of 1/2" all thread tubing to length which I got from the big green shed and screwed on a flanged nut on the inside with the original washer and another flanged nut on the outside with a giant washer tightened it up and then threaded the 1/2" ball valve onto the rest of the thread and has been like that since it was built in 2007 no problems so far .

If your going to build a mash tun, bigger is better. (future proof yourself a little) In Melbourne your have plenty of HB shops, the bigger ones like Clever Brewing, Grain n' grape, and Keg King will have what you need to do your conversion. Give them a call, the guys are home brewers and know their stuff, they'll be able to help select the appropriate parts.

Cheers
Mike

Back