Biab + False Bottom Pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFeast

Reaction score
Anyone actually doing this? so the bag is placed in the false bottom pot, and then the pot is placed inside the urn. would this make a better grain bed?
thinking i might give it a go.
im not interested in setting any major job up and dont plan to recirculate with pumps or any of that wiz stuff.

Similar to this?

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=49404

Unless you are going to recirculate, I dont see any benefit as far as quality is concerned over just using the bag. I find the inner basket/falsebottom setup makes it easier to handle the grain. Onle got real benefits of this after recirculating to get clear wort the same as you would is using a traditional 3V.

brew in a bucket?
Linky [topic="58732"]BIABucket[/topic]

i use a bucket after trying a 8kg grain bill and spilling heaps of wort and burning my hands. The beauty of a bucket is it stays the same shape no matter how full it is, you can easily put it into a second bucket to collect the last of the wort, or use a mesh fridge shelf over your urn for the same effect.

I wouldnt recommend trying to use this for step mashes unless you set up a recirculating pump. (which i will be doing when the parts arrive).

alternatively you could use a bucket for a manual recirc to establish a grain bed.

Latest posts

Back