BIAB bit of a fail.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roverfj1200

Reaction score
Had a brew day today and had a bit of a fail. Heated to strike and mashed in no worries. Wrapped the urn in towels and a old sleeping bag. All good.... Returned about 20 minutes later to see about 5 litres of water on the floor. Seems that when I wrapped the urn I had partly turned on the urn tap... Anyway a bit of a trap for the new brewer... I have taken a few readings and 400g of dex will make my fail better..

Cheers

I don't think today was a BIAB brewers day somehow..............

Fail once, call it learning.

Fail TWICE, call it stupid.

Thats once.

Hope the recovery is well played and rewarded, it would seem it will be - no stress mate, we all have a turn.

:icon_cheers:

don't even stress it mate. we all have em as cocko said. i've had all sorts of mishaps with BIAB and i'm still learning. it's all part of it. just jot them down and make sure you address what mistake was made before you go for your next one and you'll be sweet!

Get some spare DME as well and you will always have it on hand so you can save nearly any beer.

End of boil was 1035.. Will be a Mid strength beer now I think...

Ended up knocking out two brews in 7 hours. I'm happy with that. I could do a bit of prep the day before and trim that time a bit but 4 hours is boil and mash...

Cheers.

roverfj1200 said:
Ended up knocking out two brews in 7 hours. I'm happy with that. I could do a bit of prep the day before and trim that time a bit but 4 hours is boil and mash...

Cheers.
That's fantastic mate.

With my electric element I don't have much change from six hours for a single batch - the includes prep and cleanup.

Latest posts

Back