BIAB - bags & pulley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leighaus

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I found a nice site in the states that sells a BIAB voile bag, a hop boil bag, a ratcheted pulley and a dry hop bag.

It's 32$ plus 14$ int'l shipping..

for those who arent sewing savvy, it seems alright to me..

Anyone for a group buy to see what he can do?

http://biabbags.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4672137

has good reviews on homebrewtalk

seems expensive to me. buy the bag for 10$, skip the hop bags (hops fall out of suspension very nicely) and skip the pulley. if you really want a pulley buy one for 5$ at bunnings

i have one of these sets.

the ratcheting pulley is great!
holds a double batch of grain without breaking a sweat.

poggor said:
seems expensive to me. buy the bag for 10$, skip the hop bags (hops fall out of suspension very nicely) and skip the pulley. if you really want a pulley buy one for 5$ at bunnings
I did just this. The cheapy !!
So happy with how easy it was.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't 'need' a pulley, I can quite easily lift the bag out myself, have done so for a while.
But it just makes life so easy !!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1412556513.697991.jpg

Happy days.

CF

I do have a pulley but as I mostly do singles I end up just lifting by hand and using an occy strap to hold it up off the beam that the pulley is on. I'm thinking of attempting a double batch soon, but if I do it'll be a mid strength anyway so I'd still probably be able to lift it by hand.

I've got a single pulley and rope brake built into the brew stand. Makes life so much easier.

Latest posts

Back