Beware Of Africans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallablack

Reaction score
Well I was sitting their tonight playing the Fender and sighting AHB when I got an email from AHB for a new post...

Here it goes:

Hello,

My name is Norra Ann Serri. I am 19 years old girl and the only daughter of my late parents Mr. and Mrs. Donald Serri. I contacted you in this forum after going through your profile today because I have passed through many sufferings and pain over here in my country (Ivory Coast) West Africa and I contacted you for a better solution and advice from you because I believed that god helps those who help themselves and I will not keep quiet and die in silent.

Quite frankly, I know it may have sounded pretty strange to you on why I contacted you personally. I must tell you this; I contacted you for a simple reason that we do not know each other. It would be very difficult for me to contact anybody here in my country who knows me for this purpose as I may stand the risk and chance of being killed and cheated out of my money because the person might have known my weaknesses. This is the main reason I decided to contact you as a foreigner and I believed that you will not betray me as soon as I open up to you.

Few years back, my father was a cocoa merchant here in Abidjan the economic capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death in 2006 by so called his business partners/friends. But before he died in a private hospital here in Abidjan, he secretly called me by his bed side and told me that he deposited the sum of one million five hundred thousand American dollars USD ($1.500, 000) in a central bank here in Abidjan. He used my name (Norra Ann Serri) as the next of kin to deposit the money in the bank. He then strongly advised me to be careful especially with his friends and brothers because they are the people who poisoned him.

I have since left the money in the bank with the view of making use of it for investment purposes after my educational carrier. But as you may be already aware by now, my country (Ivory Coast) is presently at little political crises. Rebels have already taken over the whole northern part of the country (Bouake, Abouso and etc). They are also making efforts towards the capture of the commercial centre of the country Abidjan, where I am presently hiding in a local hotel guesthouse for my safety.

For this ugly development in this country and my bad situations, I have now decided to take quick actions and have this money transferred into your bank account in your country before it is too late. Please I need your assistance in these ways:

(1) I want you to help me transfer this money into your bank account for investment in your country.

(2) Can I completely trust you? I need your assurance.

(3). I am willing to offer you 15% of the total money after you help me transfer the money into your bank account.

My plan is that immediately the bank transfers the money into your bank account in your country, I will come over to continue my education and you will also help me to invest the money in any good investment business such as real estate and hotel management depending on your choice. Please I want you to reply me directly as soon as you read this message because I need your advice and directives as my guardian and mentor since I am still too young to handle the transfer my self.

Please I want you to reply me directly to my private email address ([email protected]) to enable me tell you more about everything. As soon as I receive your reply today, I will send you more information's so that we will proceed further.

Best wishes with all my love!

I remain yours truly,

Norra Ann

Reply to; [email protected]

I KNOW WE HAVE ALL SEEN THIS BEFORE BUT NOW THEY ARE TARGETING AHB.....WTF

BE CAREFUL

It even comes up in "My Assistant".
I work computers for a living and this is NOT GOOD !!!

Any comments from "Norra Ann" is totally Norra SPAM.....

He/she got me just after 2.00am - sent a quick note through to the mods etc...

What a MUGU!!!!

see www.419eater.com (I'm called something different on there!!!),

Hey MUGU, i got you IP man,
I don dey speak with your maga and im day think say you dey play wayo. I go just take am go my side unless say you want make we share the money. I don sabi everything for this maga, I even collect im password to im emai ([email protected])l. I don sabi all of im people and know say this maga and im friend get plenty money.

Hey MUGU, i got you IP man,
I don dey speak with your maga and im day think say you dey play wayo. I go just take am go my side unless say you want make we share the money. I don sabi everything for this maga, I even collect im password to im emai ([email protected])l. I don sabi all of im people and know say this maga and im friend get plenty money.

I am the African Chief of Swahili Frangipani.
My Chief Tiger Lizard just died and he needs $30,000,000 to keep a safe burial ground.
My bank account number is 2845 8736 7648 7746.
Please deposit monies now and you will live a better after life.
Peace be with you,

Regards,
South African Rip Off Artist (seriously, that is my birth name).

i got a message after i posted in this thread.
Just checking if it happen again.....
F#$%&g spams :angry:

Africa Huh?

Resolving host name "gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com"...
Connecting to host address "209.85.210.39"...
Connected.
S 220 mx.google.com ESMTP 5si1701450yxe.106
C HELO ipaddresslocation.org
S 250 mx.google.com at your service
C MAIL FROM: <[email protected]>
S 250 2.1.0 OK 5si1701450yxe.106
C RCPT TO: <[email protected]>
S 250 2.1.5 OK 5si1701450yxe.106
C DATA
S 354 Go ahead 5si1701450yxe.106
This host states that the address is valid.
Disconnected.
[email protected] is a valid deliverable e-mail box address.

emailorigCapture.JPG

I've killed the account.

Now back to beer stuff.

Doc

The Googleplex is the corporate headquarters complex of Google, Inc., located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway in Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California, near San Jose.

So the search is correct, google's email servers are probably housed at the Googleplex.

You need Emailtracker Pro.

Cut and Paste the Email headers into the tracker window and the program tells you the exact IP address and location it originated from and the routing along the servers.

Useful for checking on Phishing E-mails.

emailtracker

95% of forum spammers seem to be using Gmail.

If you get emails like I do to let me know of a new forum entry......DO NOT OPEN IT...
If you open it you expose yourself to spyware etc....
Are you suggesting that the forum software is infected? You've got what appears to be spam, but it's created legitimately via the forum. I'm all for stopping the spam, but this advice is a little OTT.

You said "you'll fix it... done 2 already"... fixed what?

Looks like I have a PM at the moment. I never get pms. what are the odds that it is the spambot? And if it is, what should I do?

Norra Ann sounds HOT. Ask her if her dad owns a brewery.

Looks like I have a PM at the moment. I never get pm's. what are the odds that it is the spambot? And if it is, what should I do?

When you log on you should get a little box with a bit of the PM and who it is from.

Apart from that PM should be fine to look at but do not click on any links embedded in it.

Or use somebody elses computer ;)

It's just a straight scam. Bloke wants your money.

Don't be fooled into thinking scammers operate from a specific part of the world. Advance fee fraud scammers are a world-wide menace, and they operate from every continent. These scammers range from small one-man-band criminals scamming a few thousand dollars a year, to highly organised groups raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars a month.

For the most part these criminals are not, "poor people trying to scratch a living", but are very prosperous compared to their law-abiding countrymen, and many operate in highly organised, and highly successful criminal gangs. Millions of dollars are stolen on a DAILY basis, with absolutely no thought given to victims, who are losing vast amounts of money, homes, relatives, jobs and worse. Contrary to popular belief, it is not just "greedy & stupid people" that fall for these scams.

However, there's a band of individuals out to waste scammers time and resources, and have some fun - read on...419eater.com...
It's from a while ago, but still relevant...

It's just a straight scam. Bloke wants your money.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not just "greedy & stupid people" that fall for these scams.

No but dumb and dumber springs to mind. Then of course there are just the plain idiotic morons who send multiple payments trying to score rich.

And no I did not waste money on Oz Lotto last week might just start up a scam and get easy money :eek: .

A lot of these scammers work out of Internet Cafes makes it more difficult to track them down.

Don't try this at home if you have a static IP address they will track you very easily.

Back