Best Way To Share Files

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adraine

Reaction score
Peoples

I have a few brewing related files that some of you may be interested in.

What the best way to make them available to to those that are interested?
Any ideas would be good as there is some interesting reading/veiwing there.

Cheers Ad

you can do drop box shares I think.

You need to place them on a server for download. There are a few sites on the interweb that will do it. Simlair to photobucket or flickre, but for all types of files.

Google is your friend ;)

Or just attach them in a post in the relevant thread...

Once you install Dropbox, you'll find there's a 'Public' sub-folder under your main 'Dropbox' folder.

Anything you copy into this folder will be available to anybody with the correct URI (Universal Resource Identifier). Just right click on the item in the Public folder, bring up the Dropbox properties, and then 'Copy Public Link'. Paste that public link into a forum post, or send it via IM/email, and your file is shared.

Of course, you want to make sure you have a legal right to share the content, amiright? :D

looks like drop box is king.

Ill give it a crack

can i just share the entire public folder and other can just choose what they like rather than providing a link for each item?

can i just share the entire public folder and other can just choose what they like rather than providing a link for each item?

From their website;

"P.S. You can only link to actual files within your Public folder, not to folders. For help with sharing files visit http://www.dropbox.com/help/16"

The only way to share your entire dropbox file would be to install dropbox on each computer you wanted to share "all" your files with.

It is a very simple thing to use, just have a read from the site.

Cheers

the folders that are empty are still uploading.

will give you an idea of what coming though

Back