Best way to boil 100-200L

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironsides

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I've been doing a bit of brewing for the guys at work since we found 16 corny kegs out the back. Today the boss informed me that 20L batches were too small and that i would need to build (at least) a 100L. system. We've got most of the things we need to bodge it together (including an immersion chiller running off a 2000L glycol system :)). The one thing i'm not sure about is how to actually boil 100L or more wort, we've got 3 phase at work, so it make sense to go electric.

Any ideas?

Big element through or over the side of the kettle. With 3 phase, the world is your oyster.

ian_2005 said:
Nope, But can i get a job there ?
Shit yeh me too. Not only did you find 16 corny kegs, but your boss has told you to build a nano brewery (And Im assuming on company time with company funds) to brew beer for your fellow staff mates. Thats a dream job if Ive ever heard of one.
You have to tell us what 16 cornys were doing just lying around at your work. And a 2000l glycol system.

Next your going to say you also found 3 x 500 litres stainless conicals just lying around in the scrap heap..

Truman said:
Next your going to say you also found 3 x 500 litres stainless conicals just lying around in the scrap heap..
Not connicals, but theres about 6 SS tanks between 400-600L, and insulated milk vat things that look pretty good for mash tuns.

So where does one find over the side immersion elements that big, and how many of what power would it require? I did try to figure this out but there wasnt much info around... my google-fu has failed.

Edit: Yes, its a pretty rad job

Back