Best value for online purchases of kits and bits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrell

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering what people's opinions are on the best value online sites for home brew purchases. On face value, the cheapest and most reasonable I have been able to find is http://discounthomebrewwarehouse.com.au/ although that was until I realised the shipping cost adds almost 50% to the purchase price. Brewcraft appears more expensive at first but the shippnig cost is a lot less or nil.

... thinking I might actually be better off at my home brew shop!

Are you looking for specific ingredients/plumbing/kegging supplies or just a general online store for everything?

There's a few sponsors and retailers on here that can cover most of your needs with competitive pricing..

squirrell said:
Hi,

Just wondering what people's opinions are on the best value online sites for home brew purchases. On face value, the cheapest and most reasonable I have been able to find is http://discounthomebrewwarehouse.com.au/ although that was until I realised the shipping cost adds almost 50% to the purchase price. Brewcraft appears more expensive at first but the shippnig cost is a lot less or nil.

... thinking I might actually be better off at my home brew shop!
do you live near a Big W???? If so get a Coopers starter kit there. Cheapest you'll find

That works out to nearly $17.00 per can.

Is that a reasonable price in Melbourne? In Perth, TWOC sell it for around 11-14 dollars per can.

postage in only $8.95
Total is $45.45
Thats $11.36 a tin

Even pickup is cheaper...NO POSTAGE

DU99 said:
postage in only $8.95
Total is $45.45
Thats $11.36 a tin
Dunno mate but I'm getting $20.55 postage showing using the link you posted :)

postage.JPG

Try walking into your LHBS, give them a go. If they show any interest, start talking temperature control or asking questions about how you brew, they may be worth sticking with.

Just saying.

Martin

Thanks everyone. I ended up availing myself of the coopers deal which also had a discount. 2 Thomas coopers draughts and 3 light malt cans for 58 bucks all up. Great value I think.

I do use big w but was wanting to try new ingredients. Does anyone know if using the premium coopers really is a step up from the normal range? Or is money better spent on better yeast, hops etc?

squirrell said:
Thanks everyone. I ended up availing myself of the coopers deal which also had a discount. 2 Thomas coopers draughts and 3 light malt cans for 58 bucks all up. Great value I think.

I do use big w but was wanting to try new ingredients. Does anyone know if using the premium coopers really is a step up from the normal range? Or is money better spent on better yeast, hops etc?
Some of them are noticeably better, the IPA is probably the best coopers kit overall. Generally i would use better yeast anyways.

Back