Best thing you have ever won

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edak

BrauShnizzleMyNizzle
Reaction score
I thought I would bring this up because until today I was able to say that I had never won anything in a competition before.

However...

I got a message from O'Briens (you know the crew who do the gluten free brew) this morning which indicated that I had won a case of beer after entering their competition at GABS! I chose their limited release Belgian Ale, because I tasted it on Sunday and it was actually very good, especially considering it's not derived from grain!

Anyway, this only came about because a few weeks ago I vouched to enter any competition that I came across, as long as I don't have to sign up for anything or pay anything.

This leads me to the question; what is the best thing that you have ever won in a competition where you didn't have to pay or sign up for something?

'Now looking forward to getting my case.

I won the lotto this morning.

Pretty stoked.

Edit: I didn't even have to sign up! Although no doubt there will be fees involved.

2013-05-29 17.31.00.png

I won 500 bucks on a room draw at a mine in the territory. Made for a pretty wild shift change.

edit: well done on the win.

I won a footy from a comp that I could not recall entering, it was addressed to me. Even till today I cannot recall entering it, but the footy is still sitting in the cupboard. I wonder what a Sherrin Mars footy is worth on ebay.

I used to have this cool as shirt when I was about 19- it had a hard to see crocodile skin design and was an absolute chick magnet when out clubbing.

Oh...Best thing you've ever "won". $35 on a slick pick, I think.

jezza79 said:
my wife's heart
Transplant lotto?

My wife insists she won $10 in a beauty contest, but I could swear that she was talking about Monopoly....

A Def Jam 10th Anniversary Boxed Set and PE's "He Got Game" on vinyl.

its a toss up between the trip to the states a few years ago or the best beer of club night with a kit beer.

I won the AHB lotto a while back, getting beery package delivered to work every day was magic

I won a t-shirt from Strathfield Car Radio when I was about 20........it said ' whats big, red and worth $150,000...' got a lot of attention that shirt.
Meat trays, shitty little amounts on scratchies, did get to share a trip to Vanuatu when Mom won a family trip on the radio....me, the wife. both kids, flights, 5 nights in a Penthouse....freakin pretty good.

The QABC

The BABBs championship with trip to Sierra Navada Beer Camp ;)

I entered a comp for a XXXX branded mini moke and won a XXXX branded esky with an iPod dock built into it.

1200 bucks on the pokies at South Tamworth Bowlo in 2005. Had to split it 3 ways with my workmates who convinced me to chip in a 50 buck stake.

Haven't played a poker machine since, and won't again. Must be one of the few people on Australia that's actually in front of those evil things.

BABBs comp as well, trip to Beervana in Wellington. BABBs comp year before, kegerator setup. Babbs comp 2011, a shiny lager trophy :)

$360 at the townie in King Street Newtown on Indian Dreaming with a row of Indians and two teepees subbing at x3 and x5. Lucky to get out in one piece. :p

Back