Best place to shop in Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerking

Reaction score
Hey guys ,
Where is the best value LHB store in Melbourne to buy base malt ? Will be in the City Friday and need some help on where to go for 25kg bags . I have gotten malt from G and G before but it was over a year ogo and maybe pricing or competition has improved elsewhere ?

Keg king, not really in town though.. Might pay to do a bit of ringing around if you know what you want already

Shouldn't be a hassle to go into the burbs, from memory kk is not to far from the cbd, 20min ? Do they sell briess ?

Just looked up core brewing and was impressed by their bulk prices. Unfortunately for me it is about an hours drive away, so not really worth the effort. I could arrange shipping, but grain and grape is only 20 minutes away and are a bloody good home brew store.

Yeah Micah has decided to improve his web presence as he would like it to evolve. He does allow for pick up but it's from his house. His operating costs aren't quite as high as some of the others and thus those savings he passes on to the customer.

No affiliation but I like getting my grain from him, he's a chatterbox so watch out.

Core Brewing is in Lyndhurst. Straight down the Monash and onto the South Gippy Freeway then left into Lyndhurst at Glasscocks road. Only 45 mins from the CBD If your not in peak hour traffic.

As said your picking up from his house so hes not fussed about after hours etc if your running late. Ive picked up there on Saturdays, Sundays all over the place you just need to work out a time with Micah but hes very accomodating. (I only live around the corner from him so I'm a bit biased, but he does provide a good service and great prices)

He must be making more changes website has been up past few days

Ive recently been going to dave at greensborough homebrewing and find him very helpful amd fair priced, definitely recommend!

Back