Best Place To Get Complete Keg System/gas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lebowski

Reaction score
Have made about 5 brews and am getting sick of washing all the bottles so was thinking about getting a keg system in perth.

Westbrew has a setup for $399.00
440045.jpg

Keg Systems with Beer Gun. (System contains 2 kegs)

Is this a good setup? Can I get better for less around perth? Where do I get the gas bottle and how much are they usualy (refills etc)? And how much room do I need to refridgerate the keg, will they fit in an avg bar fridge?

5 brews and you're sick of bottling... Youth of today :rolleyes: :lol:

Good luck finding your system,

Shawn (still bottling after all these years... <_< )

That system sounds good, and reasonably priced.

Just one thing ... the pic shows a "Cigweld" regulator ... they aren't great. If you can asked them for a different one they should be able to accommodate you.

Just one thing ... the pic shows a "Cigweld" regulator ... they aren't great. If you can asked them for a different one they should be able to accommodate you.

Hi Armstrong,
Just as a matter of interest, what is the problem with that type of regulator?
I think that they are fairly common in HB set ups and I recon I have seen one at the "local" pub.

Hi Lebowski,
Try to get one with a beer tap and not a gun, otherwise you have to open the fridge door each time you want a beer. - Just my thoughts :)

Cheers

...or put 2 kegs in a chest freezer that has the thermostat wound back. This way, when using a hand gun, you don't get cold feet and you don't get half a pint of foam with every 'first' pour as all the beer stays cold. I can also fit a 20 litre plastic jerry in the CF.

tdh

p.s. g'day BBB

Lebowski said:
Have made about 5 brews and am getting sick of washing all the bottles so was thinking about getting a keg system in perth.

Westbrew has a setup for $399.00
440045.jpg

Keg Systems with Beer Gun. (System contains 2 kegs)

Is this a good setup? Can I get better for less around perth? Where do I get the gas bottle and how much are they usualy (refills etc)? And how much room do I need to refridgerate the keg, will they fit in an avg bar fridge?
[post="48770"][/post]​

I can do u a keg system cheaper and better - with second hand recon tap or new grundy tap - ss fridge ext snap lock - better than theirs.

however - due to freight - it would be cheaper if u source the soda kegs locally - i can supply all th erest....225.00 upto 300.00 depending on tap - this is minus the keg...

pm me if u want to discuss quote....

Ken...

Lebowski,

If looking for kegs in perth, try Ultimate Air, they sell them for ~65 each the last time i got some. They are in Osbourne park on carbon court. The guys there do alot of pub installs and know there stuff.
Only drama for me is that they are not open on sat mornings or thurs nights.

Cheers.

Hi Armstrong,
Just as a matter of interest, what is the problem with that type of regulator?
I think that they are fairly common in HB set ups and I recon I have seen one at the "local" pub.

At one stage, we were ordering 40 at a time and having on average 5 - 10 returned from customers. The common fault was that the pressure creeped up ... you'd be dispensing at 70 kpa, next thing you know you have 300 kpa in your keg.

Cigweld wouldn't take them back, but refer us to a service centre to get them repaired. PAIN IN THE ARSE! On top of that, when the customer brought them back, we immediately provided them with a new reg ... when the repaired ones finally came back (8 weeks later) they might have been fixed, but then we were stuck with second hand regs.

Needless to say, we quickly changed over to Lancer regs, and more recently have got supply of Microtech regs, both of which have performed well.

When it comes to that sort of gear, cheapest isn't always the best opinion ... spend the dough and good quality gear ... and as I said before, I'm sure the local guys to you could accommodate you

Armstrong,
Thanks for the open and honest reply.
I have one of those regs and I have had no probs.
I got mine from Brewcraft when I first started kegging and I noted that when a close rellie bought a similar kit he got a different regulator.
Maybe they changed due to your reasons!!
Cheers

I too have one of those CIG regs , had it for many years without any problems , I had an Andale before this , that did give me some headaches

Batz

CIG Comet yes , don'y know if it's a 500 , but I suppose it is

Happy azz with it , had it for years

Batz

Back