Best Place To Get Co2 Refill In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3G

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get CO2 refills in Adelaide?
Not sure if the fire extinguisher shop on south road (near the new bridge) is still open??
Thanks

Not sure if the fire extinguisher shop on south road (near the new bridge) is still open??
Thanks

Liquide Air and BOC gases should be able to supply it for you.

barwee :D

Cheers, its not a bottle on a rental plan so no go with the big boys.

If it is a AirLiquide or BOC bottle - send me a PM - might be able to work something out...

Thanks

If you're thinking of Adelaide Fire Control - they have gone broke.

Try Steve or Ken from Ceasefire on 0408 676 780 (and 720). They're currently at Torrensville but are moving to Hindmarsh in the next couple of weeks.

My last fill was $25 for 5kg.

Just bumping this thread...

My 10kg CO2 bottle is on its last legs, reckon it will be empty in a few pints from now. Its a BOC branded bottle that i was given when i bought my font. If i take it back to BOC they will charge me monthly rent for the privilege.

Does this Ceasefire mob refill BOC bottles?

Cheers
DrSmurto

All

Thanks for posting this info and thread to the web, your information was extraordinarily helpful. I just relocated from the US and was having some difficulty getting my CO2, after being run around the city of Adelaide on 1 wild chase after another, I had resigned myself to the fact that I would need to resort back to bottling my brew. Something I was simply not looking forward to.

As a last ditch effort, I typed "Adelaide CO2 refills" into a web search and got this forum. Needless to say, the info was exactly what I was looking for... Steve and Ken from Ceasefire were able to help me out. They were great !!!

Thanks again for the info!

+1 for Ken and Steve from Ceasefire - very helpful guys. If you head down that way, they also appreciate a hand made beer being dropped off to stock up their fridge. Great service they provide, so consider them for your next refill.

Crundle

+1 for Ken and Steve from Ceasefire - very helpful guys. If you head down that way, they also appreciate a hand made beer being dropped off to stock up their fridge. Great service they provide, so consider them for your next refill.

Crundle

-1 For Ken And Steve at Ceasfire, my extinguisher got a leak at the head they fixed it for free but then charged me for a refill when the bottle was half full when it leaked AND put his refill price up ten bucks on the quote he gave me the week before.

Scotsman06

Last time i went there they told me the price was going up by ten bucks no biggie still better than renting from boc.

I believe that you can get screw down valves for those bottles from

Boc Gas & Gear Mile End
291 South Road, Mile End, Mile End, SA 5031
p: (08) 8443 3519 f: (08) 8443 5602

which are suitable for the 5kg fire extinguishers from Ken and Steve for around 60-70 bucks. I have also had quite a few failures of the valves in the fire extinguishers, but have found that it is better to leave mine on permanently rather than on and off. I think that the problem stems from fire extinguisher valves being designed to be off for months, then be used all in one go for about 30-40 seconds, quite the opposite of our use.

The next time I have a failure of the fire extinguisher valve, I will be going to get a screw down valve, but till it fails, it is not a priority. Now I have said this, I assume that karma will come to get me soon. Nothing like going to pour a beer for a party and finding you have an empty gas bottle and worse still, the keg has vented in the process. I will also have to get a 4 port manifold from the US that has non return valves built in, but having gone to AG, my money is now going to go to a Marga mill.

I still think Ken and Steve do a good job for home brewers in Adelaide, and despite the price rise, still offer a good value service compared to renting. I agree the valves are somewhat dodgy (others have reported no problems in years of usage, must just be a few of us who it happens to), but with the simple replacement of the fire extinguisher head to a screw down valve, you should have a trouble free gas bottle. For what it is worth, the thread on the fire extinguishers from Ken and Steve are 3/4 inch BSPF, and the screw down valves you need are 3/4 inch BSF tapered.

cheers,

Crundle

I believe that you can get screw down valves for those bottles from

Boc Gas & Gear Mile End
291 South Road, Mile End, Mile End, SA 5031
p: (08) 8443 3519 f: (08) 8443 5602

For what it is worth, the thread on the fire extinguishers from Ken and Steve are 3/4 inch BSPF, and the screw down valves you need are 3/4 inch BSF tapered.

cheers,

Crundle

Good info, I might see if they will fit mine as well (3kg bottle) otherwise I may get another bottle from Ken and Steve.

H.

I need a refill on my 3.5kg extinguisher, the local place quoted $98 plus GST, anyone know how much it is from Ken and Steve?

Anyone had the trigger replaced with a tap with these guys?

Thanks

Hi,

Alan from A to Z Fire Protection has been incredibly helpful to me. I don't know what his price for just a refill might be because he's always had to fix my valve as well, but for a refill (3.5kg) and valve rebuild has been around $50. Valve rebuild costs apparently vary depending the brand of extinguisher and valve.

He's on 0414 389 102, and he's in Wingfield, cnr. of Albion and Havelock streets.

I highly recommend him.

Peter.

I need a refill on my 3.5kg extinguisher, the local place quoted $98 plus GST, anyone know how much it is from Ken and Steve?

I think Beerbelly are filling CO2 now, not sure on the price though.

yep. No matter what I do I can't understand women..... ;) I'm never sure if I'm supposed to though?

We have been 'purge' filling bottles for a couple of months now while waiting for our new CO2 compressor/fill station to arrive from Germany (soon hopefully) - We charge based on the weight filled (ie: we weigh the bottle prior to and after filling, you pay for the difference in weight).
At present pricing is $5 a kilo, plus a $5 charge for filling - but there is a $15 minimum charge (which reflects the capital investment, ongoing risk, liability & insurance BS involved.... <_< ).

so:

1-2kg bottle = $15
2.6kg bottle = $18
5kg bottle = $30
6.8 bottle = $39

• Bottles must be (clearly) in test date & in good condition to be filled
  • I can't/won't fill BOC/Air Liquide/Supagas/sodastream bottles
  • bottles need to be dropped off and collected later - we chill the bottles as it assists with minimising un-necessary gas loss, so bottles are not filled on the spot, unless by prior arrangement.
  • at present we do not offer a swap service (thinking about it, but we'll see how we go)
  • I reserve the right to refuse to fill any bottle that I think is unsafe or questionable in any way.

We also have brand new 2.6kg bottles (aus standard) in stock now @ $199 each.

Another thumbs up for Ken and Steve, last refill 10kg bottle cost me $50 from memory.

Seen the guys down at Ceasefire a couple of times and never had an issue.

Back