Best place for Grains on the Coast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubzie

Reaction score
Hey Lads,

Just wondering where you source your grains from, is there a competitive LHBS for grain.
I purchased my first lot from TUHB, and after paying realised it would have been cheaper to buy online and get it shipped.

Cheers Dubz

I order from the country brewer at toukley he always has what I want and I buy in bulk or he can ship it as well, prices seem ok as well

I get my stuff from barleyman. same day shipping to work (sydney).
also ships to the rest of the country.

I don't know what "TUHB" is.

I buy all my stuff from Amber Nectar at Toukley, unless they're on holiday or don't stock it (e.g.: O2 refills)
If they're on holidays, then I get it from Brewman.

Both give excellent service.

I defer to Toukley since it's closer, and the owner helped me alot when I was an all-grain noob.

I typically email him a grain bill, then pick it up later in the day. It's too easy.

Yea i'm Located in Berkeley Vale, Work in Gosford, Craftbrewer prices looks pretty good, and i can pickup which saves on postage.
Thanks for the help guys!

I get my stuff from Brewman. Good variety of hops and grains and good prices and delivery.

Ah THUB at Gosford.

Yep, a good home brew shop that is.

It's a bit of a hike for me though.

I bought my first cans of extract there years ago. I remember the recipe like it was yesterday: 1 can LME, 1 can WheatME, and 22g of hallertau.
Geeze, if I'd only known what an obsession it would turn into ;)

G'day All,

I'm new to grain brewing, just bought a Grainfather after 25+ years of extract brewing!

I have found the cheapest grain from Dave's homebrew in North Sydney. If you buy > $120 worth of stuff you get it delivered for free in NSW. He sells grain by the half bag as well. I live in Wamberal, and he said that I am just in the Sydney Metro area for postage costs for < $120. It is easy to pick up if you drive home from the Sydney CBD as it is in Miller Street.

Otherwise I buy from the Gosford Ultimate Home Brew shop. I have included their grain list for future reference... ($5.50 kg unmilled, + 50c if they mill it for you).

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1455064561.309870.jpg

For buying hops I'm considering Hop Dealz Australia (I like my IPA's!)

Any other ideas??

I highly recommend Country Brewer at Toukley if you want to pickup, his prices are always a bit cheaper then whats advertised on the website.
Has a great range of hops and grains always on hand.

Dubzie said:
I highly recommend Country Brewer at Toukley if you want to pickup, his prices are always a bit cheaper then whats advertised on the website.
Has a great range of hops and grains always on hand.
+1 for Countrybrewer at Toukley. Definitely the freshest grains on a consisted basis (as he is always making fresh wort to sell to regular customers).

I've tried Dave's, found his milling to be somewhat hit and miss.
Craftbrewer can be somewhat hit and miss on grain crush as well.

Brewman is also good, picked up directly from his garage and he has an awesome shopfront! Fresh yeasts.

Thanks fellas!

Where is Brewman located?? I couldn't see an address on the website.

I think I'll get the base grains in bulk by the bag (for around $2.50 per kilo, why wouldn't you??), and just get the speciality grain from the guy in Toukley or Gosford (I have a mill as apparently the Grainfather is a bit picky on grain size).

Back