• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Bentspoke - Barley Griffin Recipe

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

pete-ej20

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is one of my favourite beers, and am keen to have a crack at something replicating it.

All I've got to go off (from the Bentspoke website) is 4.2%ABV, 18 IBU's and Ekuanot and Mosaic hops.

Any thoughts, suggestions, inputs?

Cheers,
Pete.

BrutusB

Reaction score
90% ale/10% wheat. Mash it at 65%. Use the Ekuanot for bittering. Dry hop with Ekuanot and Mosaic. US05.

Grmblz

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that as part of my original search a while back, I was hoping for a recipe but can't find anything. Their "recumbent" flight is an absolute ball tearer, they're quite happy to discuss what hops they use but after that it's nada.

Julesf

Reaction score
I've had a couple goes at this. Not sure on the hops. After tasting side by side with the real deal I will mash at a bit higher temp to draw out the caramel malty goodness a bit more, like 68-69 degrees.
Anyone had a go at the Cluster 8? Farkin love that beer. Actually all their beers.
1586259254929.png
1586259311946.png

Julesf

Reaction score
Actually looking at the website hops as per grmblz post. Gonna have to have another go now!

pete-ej20

Reaction score
So I finally had a crack at brewing this today - hop schedule was a bit of a stab in the dark - recipe I made can be found here - ill update this post and blog with how it turns out

Latest posts