Bendigo And District Brewers June 16th Catch-up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One down...

1. gava
2. Wayne (Facebook)
3. Cap (facebook)
4. Bendigo Malt (facebook)
5. Slim
6. Jay
7. Pete (facebook)
8. Trevor (maybe)
9. Rolf
10. mmmyummybeer
11. Lecterfan (May drop in for a few hours)
12. pmash (almost definite, maybe)
13. notung
14. Nathan (Facebook)
15. Kleiny (if in town may be there for a visit)
16. Facebook guys mate #1
17. Facebook guys mate #2
18. Facebook guys mate #3
19. Facebook guys mate #4
20. Marcus
21. Marcus Friend
22. Simon (facebook)
23. Simon's Friend

Hey guys it looks like it'll be about $10 each to cover food and snacks etc.
If your not hanging around for tea please let me know so I can change the food budget.
cheers.

1. gava
2. Wayne (Facebook)
3. Cap (facebook)
4. Bendigo Malt (facebook)
5. Slim
6. Jay
7. Pete (facebook)
8. Trevor (maybe)
9. Rolf
10. mmmyummybeer
11. pmash (almost definite, maybe)
12. notung
13. Nathan (Facebook)
14. Kleiny (if in town may be there for a visit)
15. Facebook guys mate #1
16. Facebook guys mate #2
17. Facebook guys mate #3
18. Facebook guys mate #4
19. Marcus
20. Simon (facebook)
21. Simon's Friend

Ok people I guess we should sort out a recipe for people who want to brew..
Should we settle on a style or get what we have in our stash and make a beer from that?

Ok people I guess we should sort out a recipe for people who want to brew..
Should we settle on a style or get what we have in our stash and make a beer from that?

I recon we throw the style guidelines out the window on this one and brew something interesting from the stash. Well that's my vote anyway :lol:

when I say "Style" i mean pale ale area/ IPA area porter, stout etc.. a ball park if you will

I recon we throw the style guidelines out the window on this one and brew something interesting from the stash. Well that's my vote anyway :lol:

i beg to differ.. There was nothing little about it :lol:

Not even the superb pizza could save me at that point... Lesson learned

:rolleyes:

I would like to bring my braumeister and put down a beer I found on beertools under "specialty beers".

and........pizza sounds really good to me.........Nelsons ?????????

I would like to bring my braumeister and put down a beer I found on beertools under "specialty beers".

and........pizza sounds really good to me.........Nelsons ?????????

I would love to see a Braumeister in action as well :D . What's does the recipe look like?

I would love to see a Braumeister in action as well :D . What's does the recipe look like?

Nothing too special, just doesn't fit any style guidelines,,,,,,aaaaannnnnd, I have all the ingredients :D

Here I hopePost Comment
Hobart House beer - Hobart
January 1, 2011

L

Category Specialty Beer
Subcategory Specialty Beer
Recipe Type All Grain
Batch Size 22.71 L
Volume Boiled 26.50 L
Mash Efficiency 75 %
Total Grain/Extract 4.20 kg
Total Hops 56.7 g
Calories (12 fl. oz.) 136.1
Cost to Brew $35.21 (USD)
Cost per Bottle (12 fl. oz.) $0.55 (USD)
Summary : Will do this beer. recipe on Northern Brewer catalog. Make sure you do your efficiency to your system. I think they have theirs set at about 75%. That is the recipe. Mash out around 153 degrees

3.86 kg Standard 2-Row; Rahr info
0.23 kg Golden Naked Oats info
0.11 kg Special Roast Malt; Briess info
56 g Hallertauer Hersbrucker (Pellets, 4.5 %AA) boiled 60 min. info
Yeast : WYeast 1968 London ESB Ale info

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure I'm driving to & from gava's place on Sat so I won't be going too crazy. It's the weather for good lager fermentations at the moment. I wouldn't half mind brewing a dark lager, bock or something. I've got carapils/foam, carafa spec II and munich I as well as some aged pils malt I wouldn't mind using up. Or there's always the whole imperial dopplebock idea, which I've never explored...

I'll donate any beer I brew to the next club get together (minus some samples of course ;) )

Hello All,

I've been on holidays and working around the house so haven't been here for a bit.

Going to organise the meat for tea today currently looking at a few pork shoulders and some chicken wings we may slap on the smoker (if i can get it working better today) also got snacks for during the day...This should work out to be about $10 a person (Try not to bring any food and if you do please let me look at the package since our son is highly allergic to rice)

My brewrig is out of action the brew troller has an issue when some SSR are connected , I've got a new box so I can rewire and seperate the 240v and 12v (this wont be done by tomorrow) We do have a single batch BIAB coming and also a breumeister (or whatever they're called)

So we will be kicking off at 12:30 the day should be a easy going meet and great I guess maybe talk about how we want to take this club in the future. I have a brown ale on tap (travs mongoose recipe from the forumn recipe tab)

I have three spare taps (two if you let me leave the soda water on) :) and also a jocky box we can connect up.

Please come along with your manners any idiots will be asked to leave and have a good day.. Any one that wants a work out can dig my wife some holes for her fruit tree's!

cheers and can't wait to meet (see) everyone Saturday..

Great Day

Good to catch up with so many brewing enthusiast. The beers were great and the food was fabulous.

Cheers

Simon

Big thanks to Gav for organizing such a great day :beerbang:
It was definitely a roaring success and from the turn out, it showed that the home brew scene in and around Bendigo is going strong. Nice to see and meet so many new brewers getting into the hobby and pulling out some great beers, and I also really enjoyed catching up with others that I haven't seen for a while. You couldn't beat it the beer and food was sensational, and the conversations enthralling. I had a ball, so thanks everyone and cheers.
:beer:

Hi all
Thank you for not trashing my house :) it was a great day good beers and good food although I missed about 98% of the pork (shake fist) not to worry plenty more were that came from..

It was great meeting new and old people and I didn't know there was that many people in and around benders willing to come out for a beer day.. Thanks a lot to Rolf and jay for helping on the food and the ugly drum smoker...

Thanks to Wayne and cam for putting a brew on I would have also but I seem to have a bug in my brewtroller next time it'll be running...

So I was thinking that while it's fresh and we seem to like each other we should think of hat we can do next? And how often? We could always catch up monthly/or every other month.. We can also have inner club mini comps ie brew this type of beer or even have a craziest beer off (my money is on cam)

So thanks everyone for making it a great day and let's hope there's more to come..

Gav

Latest posts

Back