Bend it yourself elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a metal fabricator, iv never delt with one of these elements before but others i have played with (out of ovens and dryers so air elements not water) are quite soft and as long as you have somthing to bend it around and some sturdy bench or vice to be able to get some leverage on it you should be right.....

Iv got some bending machinery at work, not sure where you are but i'd be happy to have a go at it for you..... quite keen on the 1040mm 3000w one myself, Any idea on price?

Keep in mind that rolling a radius to go right the way around the inside of your pot you need to work it out with pi. so a 1040 long piece would result back to around 330 Diameter which isnt that big plus you would lose on the bends you make to go back through the pot wall,,,,

I'm in Newy mate, I got the 2400W 2280mm long one and it cost approx. $125 delivered..

I figured it would have to be reasonably soft as sold as a "bend it yourself element", but you know how it is with things you've gotta get right first time bit of doubt usually creeps in at some point..

Yeah I use the 2400W low density element also, when I went in I showed them a diagram of how I wanted it bent to go in my BM clone. They didn't get it exactly right but I was able to make the changes myself. If you have any tight turns then I would not advise that you do it yourself, perhaps reserve the tight bends to the pros and do any long bends yourself. I could have given them a better diagram though :p

They aren't really all that difficult, especially if you have the right tools, perhaps a pipe bender would be suitable also.

just make sure you don't bend to a smaller radius than what the manufacturer says
otherwise the spiral will shift in the insulating medium inside the sheath, it will arc out, and the element will blow out leaving you with a useless chunk of metal

Hello Jamey,

Thank you for your e-mail, item code: H03727 - 3600W 240V 1240mm WATER ELEMENT WITH BRASS BUSHES - in stock and the bush size is 3/8" BSP. Your price $66.87 + gst

Item code: H03726 - 3000W 240V 1040mm WATER ELEMENT WITH BRASS BUSHES - in stock and the bush size is 3/8" BSP. Your price $62.15 + gst

Plus Freight if you cant pickup

Back