Belvedere Vodka - Dan Murphy Misprint

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuahardie

Beer, so much more than a breakfast drink
Reaction score
Don't know if this is relevant to anyone.

Dan Murphys stuffed up their latest catalogue, and are selling 1Litre bottles of Belvedere for the price of a 750ml
I have seen a few different online prices, but the stuffup means you save somewhere between $22.50 and $35 a bottle

I got a couple before they realised the mistake

YMMV

Not on the website online catalogue, and not on the thousands of printed catalogues in mailboxes and instore.

I wish I drank vodka.
If that was a can of beans they'd have to give it to you free.

Best one I ever fluked was about eight years ago when BWS had a thing on their website. They could email you a barcode to get a sixer of Lowenbrau for $5 or something cheap like that. You printed it out on your home printer and took it into the store to be scanned (not many smart phones back then but everyone had a PC). Apparently the software was supposed to accept your code only once then lock it, and only one per email addy. I got two (from two emails). Took them into the Bribie Island drive through and they scanned them. Two sixers for $10. Out of interest they scanned them again for me and they still worked. Four sixers of imported Lowy for $20. Took the barcodes to Sandstone Point. Four more sixers of Lowy for $20.
A few days later went into the Morayfield store, but codes locked by then.

Ah the good old days.

If that was a can of beans they'd have to give it to you free.

A few years back, in Brisbane at an IGA, I used to get sachets of stir-fry sauce - bloody good it was, too. One time, when checking the receipt, I found they had scanned higher than the shelf price. Got 'em free - bit of orright, I thought.
Next week, same thing. Free sauce again.
And the next week, same thing again.
Bloody hell, I thought, where's their IT guy to amend the cash-register database.
Next week, they'd solved the problem - they simply removed the shelf price sticker!

they also stuffed up the even keel price as well.

Latest posts

Back