Bellarine Peninsula?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistol

Reaction score
G'day will be in Port Arlington for the Celtic festival this long weekend, wondered if there are any breweries or decent bottle shops near by worth a visit?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

So I've found the Bellarine Brewing Company, which sounds close. :)

G'day will be in Port Arlington for the Celtic festival this long weekend, wondered if there are any breweries or decent bottle shops near by worth a visit?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bellarine estate brewery goes ok (was pretty Brahms and Liszt when I went there, but seem to remember it being ok) and I've heard some good things about the Red Hill brewery (never been myself though).

For bottleshops check out Randalls wine merchant on Pakington street, awesome selection of craftbeer from australia and o/seas, a new craft beer bar opened up in Mt Duneed called Odyssey tavern might be worth a look.

Cheers, will look to see how far these are from Port Arlington.

Also not sure how much sober driving I'll be able to get the wife to do! Or how many breweries I can get her too.

I know one thing, only a blind man would give me a licence. LOL

Bellarine Brewery is probably really the only place around here. You are welcome to drop past my place in drysdale for a couple of course. I have a few nice beers on tap at the moment!

Wow cheers mate, might take you up on that, how far is Drysdale from Port Arlington?

I don't think I'll get the wife off the peninsula, after all we're there for the craic. :)

Are there any good pubs on the peninsula?

Bellarine Brewery is probably really the only place around here. You are welcome to drop past my place in drysdale for a couple of course. I have a few nice beers on tap at the moment!

Wow cheers mate, might take you up on that, how far is Drysdale from Port Arlington?

I don't think I'll get the wife off the peninsula, after all we're there for the craic. :)

Are there any good pubs on the peninsula?

Drysdale prob about 10 mins from Portarlington. Can't really think of any decent pubs around here to be honest! there's some good ones in Geelong (...Odyssey Tavern and Brewery probably the pick) but around here you are looking at mostly the carlton draught drinking B and S crowd!

<snip> but around here you are looking at mostly the carlton draught drinking B and S crowd!

Heheh, have to agree and that is probably granting them a few more brain cells than are warranted :) Watch for the speeding hilux 4wd ute with gutted rabbits hanging from the cage on the back, all class.

Heheh, have to agree and that is probably granting them a few more brain cells than are warranted :) Watch for the speeding hilux 4wd ute with gutted rabbits hanging from the cage on the back, all class.
and any collingwood supporters or kilt wearing pipers.

and any collingwood supporters or kilt wearing pipers.

Hey, that is counting me twice, pretty sure that is not allowed in statistics, anyway, I don't live on the Bellarine any more, I now live amongst even worse company, Geelong Supporters :)

Back