Belgium Beer Importers - Notjustwine.....anyone had any experience?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panzerd18

Reaction score
Last week I purchased something from - http://www.notjustwine.com.au/

They sell Belgium Beer. I have not heard anything from them and my CC has not been charged.

Has anyone had any dealings with this beer retailer before?

I found a number for them in a wine retailer directory and an address. I went to their address and there was another business operating at said address. The phone number just rings out.

Well you can get a lot of that Belgium beer directly in Aus. I would be wary especially since the Chimay set with Glass is $105 on the site, yet $35 dollars in stores here.

Blitzer said:
Well you can get a lot of that Belgium beer directly in Aus. I would be wary especially since the Chimay set with Glass is $105 on the site, yet $35 dollars in stores here.
The $105 includes 12 bottles and two glasses. This is what I ordered. Looking forward to getting it, but no response from the store in question other than an order confirmation.

No but a friend of mine here in Newcastle has started a Belgian beer importing business, in fact he is over there right now buying.
He ships cold and cold stores here in Newcastle and every beer I have had from him is fresh, usually only 2-3 months old (lots of best before left) and I have been drinking some of the best beer in my life.

No affiliation with the business (personal -yes) just want him to do well so I can keep getting great beer.

International Beer Collector

Have a look, I think its a great investment in very good beer.
Mark

Used http://www.notjustwine.com.au/ before, and would definitely not recommend them.

Ordered a case of Chimay white. Took weeks and weeks to come, with no correspondence from the store.

Then when it arrived, it was undrinkable, metallic, cardboardy and clearly off.

Worst part was, notjustwine had painstakingly scraped off the best before dates on every single bottle, so clearly were trying to hide that they were peddling old stock (which shouldn't be a problem for belgian beer, but maybe this stuff was treated poorly).

tiprya said:
Used http://www.notjustwine.com.au/ before, and would definitely not recommend them.

Ordered a case of Chimay white. Took weeks and weeks to come, with no correspondence from the store.

Then when it arrived, it was undrinkable, metallic, cardboardy and clearly off.

Worst part was, notjustwine had painstakingly scraped off the best before dates on every single bottle, so clearly were trying to hide that they were peddling old stock (which shouldn't be a problem for belgian beer, but maybe this stuff was treated poorly).
Thanks tiprya, this was the information I was looking for.

Did you try contacting them with no response?

panzerd18 said:
Last week I purchased something from - http://www.notjustwine.com.au/

They sell Belgium Beer. I have not heard anything from them and my CC has not been charged.

Has anyone had any dealings with this beer retailer before?

I found a number for them in a wine retailer directory and an address. I went to their address and there was another business operating at said address. The phone number just rings out.
By the comments above it seems that you were lucky your card wasn't processed.

dicko said:
By the comments above it seems that you were lucky your card wasn't processed.
The problem is, they have the CC details so don't know if or when it will be charged and what amount.

panzerd18 said:
The problem is, they have the CC details so don't know if or when it will be charged and what amount.
Yes, I see, I guess you can only hope that they are honest, or cancel that card which is generally a PITA. :angry:

That site that Mark referred to looks good. A great variety of beers. :beerbang:

I remember now, they didn't charge my CC for ages as well - I think I received the beer first.

I would email and cancel the order personally.

I never followed up with them, I probably should have.

MHB said:
No but a friend of mine here in Newcastle has started a Belgian beer importing business, in fact he is over there right now buying.
He ships cold and cold stores here in Newcastle and every beer I have had from him is fresh, usually only 2-3 months old (lots of best before left) and I have been drinking some of the best beer in my life.

No affiliation with the business (personal -yes) just want him to do well so I can keep getting great beer.

Mark
Thanks for the heads up on this, just became a member, first payment taken today and anxiously awaiting the delivery oft first sixer

Hope you like the sour, had most of the beers in the Morpheus collection, the Σ is a cracker
There was one a couple of months ago a creme brulee stout that smelt just like a creme brulee and no I haven't got a clue how...
Enjoy
Mark

Things from Australia are Australian, things from England are English. Things from Belgium are Belgian.

Not just wine sounds awful - belgianbeershop or mark's link above will be my future avenues for stuff I can't buy here (favourable experience with the beershop, none with mark's mate but sounds worth a crack).

MHB said:

Mark
My Dad is signed up to the international beer collector and the beers have been great, I would definitely recommend them (dad's also been nice enough to share them with me)

Still no word from notjustwine.com.au

Credit card has still not been charged.

Still no contact. Definitely one to avoid. I have advised them to cancel the order.

Anny feedback from those that ordered from my mate Jason at International Beer Collector?
I have a taste of some of the upcoming beers and am impressed with the diversity of what is coming out of Europe.
If you see a bottle of Troubadour Magma, buy it, some time ago a keg went on at a craft bar in Newcastle and it lasted less than 75 minutes - apparently Facebook melted down there were so many people telling their friends to get here quick, bastards, I only got two glasses before it went dry.
Mark

Latest posts

Back