Belgian Beerfest 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edgebrew said:
Errr... As Saison entry number goes up, the score goes down?
So convenient! Here I was all worried I'd lose track of the order of things.

They spelled my name wrong but I'm pretty stoked with a 3rd in my first ever comp!

I did ok. Considering I entered a Belgian Pale and somehow I have scored 5th in the Saison category. -_-

Just realised I won the Best Novice Brewer award! :beerbang:

Pretty well stoked with that

I still want to know what the statistical probability of 16 Saisons scoring in reverse numerical order is.

My high-school mathematics says it's a factorial permutation problem, and that 16! = 1 chance in 20,922,789,888,000.

Edit, 16, not 14. Me maths gooder.

Thanks to all involved. Second in Saison category for me. Anyone know if scoresheets become available at some point?

This is the first comp I've entered, so I'm not sure if this is standard practice or not. I would have expected at least SOME kind of contact from the organisers to let me know about my placing & win.

I was only able to find out because of this thread as I can't find any information about the club or the comp. So, if it wasn't for this thread I'd still have no idea about the results

My main reason for entering was to get feedback from experienced brewers. So how do I go about finding the score sheets?

Does anyone know how to contact Yarra Valley Brewers?

Yeah I'm with breakbeer. Nothing received at my end either. Anyone in the know?

Well, it looks like the scores of the Saisons are still wrong (at least the published scores), so I would have through they'd need to get that fixed up before contacting winners...

FWIW, Our club announced the winners internally, for our members, so maybe they thought all other clubs were doing that as well. (those without a club, dunno!)

Last year my trophies and score sheets just showed up in the post.
The comp is run by a club with people volunteering time to judge and process everything. I would just be happy to get feedback!
Relax and have a homebrew

Results are being posted today apparently

Better late than never I s'pose

Still nothing. I give up

Seriously, why the **** even hold a competition?

Soon come.

Remember this is one of the smaller clubs of Victoria and that all these competitions are run by volunteers.

Thanks mants, but it's the score sheets I'm after.

Back