Beez Neez Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Squire

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering about making a Beez Neez style Kit beer....

I know lots of people will say "Do a search..." but unfortunately a search only turns up all grain adaptations of the honey wheat brew...

Has anyone made something similar from a can??? :huh:

Was thinking just a low bittered wheat beer can along with 1 to 1.5Kg Honey and as I cannot keep beers at lager temps right now to use something like Safale K-97....

Any better ideas?

JS

One of the last kits I did before going AG was with Black Rock Whispering Wheat with Hallertau, malt and 0.5kg of honey, unfortunately this was also before I recorded everything so I don't know the exact amounts and boiling times :( I really enjoyed that brew and will be doing an AG version this weekend with 750g of honey, 500g was just a little to subtle.

Hope this helps.
Jye

A kit Kaiser Weissen:

Black Rock Whispering Wheat
Dry Wheat Malt Extract 1kg
Dry Corn Syrup 300g(maybe substitute with honey here)
Crystal Grain 150g
Tettnang Pellets 15g (finishing hops)
Safwheat Yeast

Brew as normal for a kit, boil cans, and corn syrup for 30 mins, boil hops for 10mins.

Crush grain (crack), make a slurry with the grain, half a ltr of water say. Put on a rolling boil for 20 mins, strain into can and corn before putting in feremnter

Makes 22ltr OG 1.050, FG 1.017

A mate made this, and was a very good drop.

Cheers for the replies people,

Would you say either of those two brews were fairly similar to Beez Neez?

I take it it's a good idea to still use a bit of malt in the brew rather than only the honey.

JS

James Squire said:
Cheers for the replies people,

Would you say either of those two brews were fairly similar to Beez Neez?

I take it it's a good idea to still use a bit of malt in the brew rather than only the honey.

JS
[post="85655"][/post]​

If you use only honey it becomes mead rather than beer which is a whole different thing. You could convert some of the AG recipes by replacing the malt that is in them with extract. If you have brewing software it will probably do it for you.

Brewing software that can convert AG recipes to extract!!! That sounds sweet, where do i find such software?!?!

Beez Neez is brewed using 30% honey and thereby 70% pale and wheat malt. I dont know in what ratio the malts are used but I do know that the honey component is 30%.

Cheers Mercs,

Might have to just fudge a recipe together and see what happens!!! Thanks again for all your help...

JS

Sounds interesting what Wyeast would be the go with this one?

I think Wyeast Wheat. Found a recipe here

Possibly just a bit more honey and some pale malts...

Sounds worth a go.

JS

Latest posts

Back