Beervana 2012 Dates Announces

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
The dates for the 2012 Beervana Beer & Food event were announced a few hours ago.

2012 Beervana will take place on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th of August at Wellington Newzealand, at the Westpac Stadium.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else might be considering making the jump across the Tasman, and also if any previous attendee's would like to share their experiences.

Brew Matt.

I've never been but what I have seen of it, looks like it'd be good. Me and the missus are thinking of going. Will book nearer the time.

I've organised a group out of Canberra, at the moment I have four confirmed, and I have a few more that were waiting for the official date to be released. Well be flying out of Canberra on the Thursday and back home on the Monday.
From a mate who was there last year, he said its a great event and all NZ beers are showcased in one spot, plus a few overseas ones. This was way I organised our trip early.
CheersCarboy

Sounding good so far. How about we keep this as the Beervana thread, and when it gets a little closer, will see if we can organise to meet up in NZ, and maybe share tips for accomodation/flights etc beforehand?

If you're on Facebook look up Beervana....the guys are really good at posting updates on it and links to all things beer over here in NZ.
I'm looking forward to planning a boys weekend away with my bro and whoever else is keen....missed it last year and it looked great! :icon_drunk:

I went last year and with David Cryer taking over the event it has gone up a notch in the professional scale.

It worked really well in the stadium and there was some great food to have along with the great beer. NZ craft beers are still a bit stuck in the "ale" only mentality but it is changing as the industry matures. But if your idea of the perfect beer is all about hops then you'd have a great time.

There are also quite a few good craft beer bars in Wellington for some nightcaps.

If you volanteer as a steward I believe they give you a free pass for one night.

B.

Interesting....during the best time to go skiing in NZ too. Dont think I can manage a NZ and a Europe trip this year though.....woe is me ;)

It is probably time to resurrect this thread, as the event is starting to get closer.

Any recommendations for where to stay, what else to do in the area, or just post if you are planning to go so that we can maybe organise an 'Aussie' gathering in the land of Kiwi.

Any previous Beervana volunteers also please offer feedback as to whether this is worthwhile or not.

Matt.

I'm heading back over this year. I really enjoyed last year

I'm going to be there. Backing it up with a few days in Queenstown...

Resurrection Part II.

Who'll be there?

Shall be great banter indeed. Beers look good to :D

All packed and ready to leave on a jet plane :D first holiday in 8 months.

Cheers
Carboy

Back